chapter 5

What the fuck? ????????

“Ethan what has gotten into you?” I yelled at him. He is behaving weirdly. Actually very very weird now. Why the hell did he shove her away.

“See what you are doing is not good. You must change before you lose your people” he preached me.

What! Is this a dream! Am I dreaming! Is this real! Is he my ethan first of all. When he changed into a monk?

“are you in your senses. I think such words don’t suit you man” I smirked back.

“whatever” he sadly replied and crashed in the seat and ordered beer for himself.

I must find what’s really bothering him?

In no time he completed 2 bottles and on the end of the 3rd. I sighed and dragged him out the bar and started my car after shoving him in the passenger seat and drove fast towards my personal mansion.

I took him in and threw him on the bed and I myself fell after him feeling utterly tired.

NEXT DAY
LOS ANGELES
CHRISTOPHER

Arghhhh! This head ache is killing me. I held my head in my hands and started pressing my temples. I stood up from the bed and marched towards the washroom and took a long hot shower. I came out and called my maid through the intercom and ordered advil and lemonade. After a long shower I feel some better. I saw Ethan stirring on the bed. I kicked him and woke him up. He woke up and held his head in his hands which must be throbbing like hell and started shaking his head vigorously trying to calm his pain.

“take a shower I will be waiting for you at the dining table” I told him and marched towards the door. I went to the dining table and took the tablet and lemonade and waited for him. After sometime I saw Ethan coming downstairs. He seemed to be okay. But only he lost its spark which I desperately like in my best friend. He came and sat across me. I forwarded the tablet and lemonade to him.

“who is iva?” my question startled him and he stopped drinking and looked at me with ’how do you know look’

I heard him calling iva in the sleep when I woke up. I thought his mood swing must be related to her.

“I asked you something?” I repeated. His eyes looked everywhere except mine.

I sighed and stood up to leave.

“I don’t know how she is related to me now, but I want her” he replied looking at me.

I turned and sat beside him. “care to share what happened?” I asked calmly.

“I love her. I love iva. I saw her first at a café. She works there. She is a kind hearted girl. She is a innocent beauty. She is very pretty. She is an orphan. Yet she worked hard for herself. I love her at the very first sight. I tried to propose her my feelings, but she told me that I was a Casanova and she would never like to be with a man like…me…… she hates me” he told trying hard to control his tears.

I felt very sad for him. How dare she to reject him. I know he might behave like a casanova but I know who he is. He is a very good. He doesn’t go whoring around. But the pics on the magazines made him so.

“am I that bad Christopher?” he asked me looking into my eyes.

“of course you are not. Don’t think like that” I advised him.

“take me to that café’” I asked him.

He looked at me as if I have grown two horns. Of course why wouldn’t he, whenever the topic of love pops in I would brush it away saying that it is a grave word ever.

“don’t give me that look. I know I am not good in handling this issues, but trust me. I am not that bad” I shrugged at him.

He sighed and agreed finally.

We both completed our breakfast and started driving towards the café.
It took us 45 min to reach there. I told him to wait in the car and I left to the café.

As I was walking in, I felt something strange. Something weird. I brushed those thoughts and walked straight towards the counter. I saw a beautiful blonde tall girl standing there in her uniform and smiling gently to the costumers. As I was about to go close to her, a girl brushed my shoulders while passing me, which made her purse to fall on the ground. She quickly bend down and picked all things which are barely a girl uses like pen, note pad, money, some make up items and a mobile. I looked at her who is picking her things. She has long black hair which were set to fall loosely on her face and she wore a tee and a black jeans. She has a wheatish complexion and a black thread was tied to her wrist. She quickly muttered a sorry, and dashed out. I didn’t even get a glimpse of her face. But I felt something strange.

I brushed her thoughts and walked towards iva.

“I am Christopher. You would mind if I have a word with you in private?” I asked her calmly. She looked puzzled but composed later and agreed. She managed other person in the counter before walking towards one of the table in the café.

“I am here to talk about Ethan!” I told her calmly.

She looked shocked. “what if I don’t? and who are you?” she asked me. Huhh! The audacity of this girl. I calmed myself only for ethan.

“I am his best friend I knew him since childhood. I know you were angry on him…..,”she cut me off.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
“you will never know. I loved him with my whole heart. You know I was an orphan and I was always bullied since my childhood. Now the only family I have is my friend. I trusted him over my friend’s words. But finally I was betrayed. He didn’t love me. I was a fool to believe his words. I shouldn’t have…..” she sniffed and later started sobbing heavily. I stood up and sat beside her and side hugged her. She hugged me and sobbed heavily.
“shhhh…., I can understand. But one thing I knew him more than anyone. He is not the one he picturized as. He WAS the man you think. But now he is no more. He changed himself. Only for you! I can say only one thing “GIVE HIM A SECOND CHANCE”.
She looked at me for sometime and nodded her head. I smiled genuinely at her.
No sooner I saw my friend walking towards us. His eyes fell on me and on her and immediately she turned her face away. I smirked at my friend.
“what are you saying to her?” he asked him.
“I told her the truth that she doesn’t deserve you who you were” I smirked at him. I swear the expression in his eyes is worth watching. I took me a lot not to laugh.
“you can’t believe him. “ he pleaded mostly like cried.
“well! I trust him" She said and took a tissue paper and scribbled something in it and left after handing it to ethan.
I can’t control myself anymore. I lauhed like a manic. Later I composed and stood up.
“trust me ethan. She trusts me” I patted his arm and smirked at him and left from there not before waving bye to iva to which she returned with a smile.
Walking through the doors I heard excited friend of mine shouting” I love you from moon and back Chrisy”.
I marched away and drove to my house as it is a weekend but my mind was drove by the thoughts of that suspicious café girl.