chapter 42

Krithi

Dark!

Peace!!

I don't think there would be anyone who would love dark more than light than me. I find it so peaceful. So Serene. Like, I need not to worry about anything. Like I am blended in the darkness that would protect me from all the eyes.

Maybe I sound like someone who was possessed!!

My aunt would have bought all those priests from temple, and other things to send away the ghost in me.

And probably Kamala aunty would have run down the hill hearing that.

"Good morning" I heard voice and then my dark fantasy is disturbed by light falling on my eyes.

"Don't coo me Karthik. I am not going to eat your soup today, no matter what. So you better close the curtains and crawl or roll out of my room like the reptile you are"I said snuggling more into my pillows. Very soft.

I must thank aunt for changing my pillows. They are soft than the previous ones.

I heard a snicker, and soon felt heavy on my side of the bed. I felt a tuck on my sheets and someone are trying to pull my sheets (shields) away from me.

I pulled the sheets to myself snuggling more, but the person on the other side was adamant as I am.

"Karthik I will tell aunt that you are the one who completed the second cookie box, not me" I replied annoyed at him.

"Good morning baby" I heard a voice that I am sure is not Karthik.

I swiftly opened my eyes to look at the  intruder and my eyes fell on the man who took me away for me away from my life. I immediately sat straight.

He smiled looking at me and said "Karthik is here to take us to your home. Some traditions I guess!"

I wondered what it would be like if I had married my love (of course if any) and would our first morning as a couple would be like this.

Like me choosing silence over him, and him choosing his obsession and pride over my consent.

I ignored him all the time and got ready to meet my bro. He sat there watching me get ready. And me getting ready included only putting on lip balm, kajal and body lotion. I would have felt conscious of being watched. But now, I just ignored him like he even doesn't exist. Maybe if he had married me when I had a crush on him, maybe I would have just covered myself completely with a duvet and ran away.

"Wait. We will both go together to meet your brother" he said and walked towards me.

He was donned in a grey button down shirt with a suit over it and matching trousers. He looks good.

What the hell!!
I should not think about how handsome he looks.

But he is a piece of art. And beauty ignored is a sin.

Wait!  Is it me thinking about him??

I should not even think about him. He is just handsome, so what.

He is just a land covered coal mine. Beautiful outside, but complete black inside.

Okay!! I know the metaphor sucks! But who cares!!

"Penny for your thoughts?" he said leaning towards my face with a smile. Just then I realized how close he came towards me. I immediately stepped back.

"Let's go" he said with a voice filled with sadness and hurt.

As usual, I ignored it and walked beside him to meet my bro.