chapter 17

A/n: the work below is a pure fiction and it is not intended to degrade any culture or any one feelings. i just want to say its not meant to hurt anyone feelings. 

LA

“can anyone please tell me what should I do with a duffer like him?” krithi’s aunt shook her head in disbelief of just what her son had done.

“simple, kick his ass out maa.” Krithi said who is hell lot enjoying his brothers insult. “he doesn’t know even know how to dress for a pooja(prayer)
Karthik looked at his sister with a look ‘I will feed you to sharks’ in annoyance and frustration.
She smiled smugly and added “hell! I even doubt does he even remember himself that he is an Indian” Karthik narrowed his eyes at his sister who is trying her best to make his maa more furious and slowly adding fuel to it from a scent bottle appearance.

He knew very well about his mother who would might kill him and chop him to pieces if he forget to visit temple here every Saturday. he really didn't want to think what she might do when she learns that he is going but not to temple but to bar every saturday.For her Indian traditions and customs are other basic needs of life apart from that. She is modern in thinking but she never forget her traditions and culture.

“maa. You know I am the most responsible one right. I am your son maa. I am the one who loves you to the core. I want you to help you in this. So for helping I wore this even so that I can help you comfortably right!” he said trying to hug his mother and cool her. But inturn she glared at him with a fierce that he held back and looked everywhere but her.

Karthik wore grey t-shirt and shorts for the celebrations. When his mothers eyes caught him wearing that in pooja, she was furious as voldermort who was ready to kill harry potter.
How-“his mother was trailed off by few ladies coming to them before she could kill karthik with her gun shot words, she smiled at them and whispered “I will talk to you at home” and walked towards them

Karthik released a breath he held since his mother caught him. He tried his best to cross over her. But having an evil sister with him, it was impossible to escape since krithi called his mother saying karthik has something special to say.
He turned towards krithi who sat there behind a table and was digging in the dessert and humming to the music nonchalantly looking everywhere and faking ignoring him completely.
“you will regret it” he gritted his teeth and walked away from her to meet his friends who are keenly trying to comprehend what the hell was going on in there.

Krithi ignored him and sat there silently. She was completely bored after the completion of pooja and other rituals. Due to strict orders of pollution inhibition there is no way of using fire works there. She really missed fire works. When she was a child she and her brother used to lit the fire works till midnight without her parents knowledge. She felt nostalgic. She never thought she would ever end up here someday. But she can’t change the past.

The hall was decorated brightly with colorful lights and flowers. All people were scattered in to small mobs who were dressed and ladies were elegantly clad with ornaments from head to toe. All were faking smiles. Fakeness glittering in their eyes. she felt suffocated. This is not the place where she actually belong. All were dressed only to impress others.
Since her parents were strict she never socialized in any event. She just felt boredom. All she wanted to do now was to go back to her room open Netflix and die in web series along with snacks. But there is no way she can escape from her aunt.

Her eyes suddenly found a sluggish fat lady who wore a tight necklace may be a halter sounds good instead of necklace. It was so tight that the neck skin bulged out her skin. The hook threatened to fail at any moment.
She was very anxious to know what would happen. She was keen to know whether the halter necklace would win or the sluggish fat lady would stop. Her eyes were transfixed on the lady’s movements who was trying to stop the necklace to stop.

“Indian?” a voice zoomed her out of her gaze on the lady and she turned her head and her eyes found a tall handsome man, with brown eyes chiseled jaw. His eyes were looking keenly into hers. “may I accompany you?” he asked sitting beside her in a chair and moved her chair a little close to her chair when she didn’t reply his words.
“I guess you already did!”she said moving her eyes from him to the sluggish fat lady.
She could feel his gaze on her. Yet she didn’t move nor she said anything.
“bored?” he asked her after sometime.

“its not your concern” she said without looking at him.

“but I am feeling bored!!”he said ignoring her comment turning his gaze towards the way her looking at.

“its not my concern” she said irritated. Now she felt like banging his head on the table at his annoying behavior who is disturbing her in looking at the sluggish lady.
Her eyes went wide looking at the lady whose hatler necklace hook lost its patience and disconnected itself making the lady’s necklace fall off her neck who is busy giving the poses to the photographer.

She squealed in excitement and stood up as it happened exactly what she had imagined. A wide grin appeared on her face watching at the lady who was shouting and yelling for no one specifically gathering a little attention.
The man beside her sat there amused with wide eyes in her sudden excitement over the lady’s lose.

Krithi realized that she is not alone when she acknowledged the stranger’s presence and immediately silenced herself and sat quietly back.
She looked him through her corner of her eye and saw him staring at her with his mouth open agape. “what!!” she turned her head and snapped him. he irritated her to the core mostly because he just encountered her craziness.

He looked at her for a while and smirked at her. ”you-" he was cut off by her aunt sitting beside her and whispered something in her ears. Krithi looked at her aunt for a while silently and then suddenly they both outburst into a big laughter. they were gathering unwanted attention. He sat there amused. Maybe he should take his leave he thought and left from there to prevent more unwanted attention at them.

Krithi was laughing like a lunatic rolling over the seat. She can’t hold herself when her aunt fooled other ladies who asked her about krithi for marriage and her aunt answering that krithi is going to join a monastery. And then her aunt adding that they are taking krithi to kerela to veil her from the evil spirits. And the ladies gasping and widening their eyes in shock and taking excuse to run away from her aunt.

Later her family took leave from the celebration and went home early and digged in the food enjoying her food to an extent that her sac threatening her to break at any moment. She slept soundly like a drugged due to the fullness in her stomach especially due to the Indian festival specials swimming in her stomach.