chapter 35

A/n: Accept my apologies for not updating early guys.

Krithi

"Are you acrophobic??"I asked him in horror.

He looked at me with an intense gaze,his eyes not wavering and firmly fixed on mine. His jaw was clenched tightly,his face grimace with zero expression.

I was so engrossed in his grey flecks eyes that I have almost missed him whispering yes.

I wonder if he was afraid of heights,then why did he get in here? Does he have a death wish?

We were now nearing to the topmost point of the ferry wheel, and he seemed to get more tensed.
I must do something, I didn't know how intense might be his anxiety. I must act real quick.

I looked around for help. Then,it hit me. I have a way.

"I don't know how intense was your anxiety, also we don't know when this wheel would stop, so we will try to lessen your anxiety as much as possible."I said.

He didn't reply anything.

"Okay, copy me now. Breathe deep along with me,in the same time. Feel my breathing. look into my eyes and feel my breathing only. Think that there is no world other than me. Concentrate on my breathing!......Now!!"I said and started taking slow and deep breaths.

"Only on me!!"I ordered when he tried to break his eyes off mine.

Then he slowly started to mimic me, breathing along with me,his eyes now looking at my neck and chest, and I desperately tried to ignore the mere fact that his gaze on my chest is making my insides  a rendezvous for swarm of butterflies.

"Eyes!"I tried to make it sound stern but it changed to a mere whisper. He immediately looked at my eyes and I saw his grey eyes turning into their darker shade and his pupils were dilated.

I didn't know when we have reached the bottom and,we had already started ascending again. He suddenly clamped his hands on both my hands. I simply nodded my head in support and tried to calm him.

I didn't know who was feeling anxious here, he or me?

Finally!!

The ferry wheel came to halt and I was more than happy than him now as we hopped down. I don't want to feel all the weird things that I felt with him up there. I always used to think that people are stupid to bluff thinks like 'i can live my life looking into your eyes forever'. I used to think what would be there in eyes apart from iris,pupil, eyeballs. But trust me when I say you can see everything about a person if you look deep in their eyes and I myself practically found it today.

His eyes were a marvel themselves. They swirled with many emotions I couldn't put my finger on. But I also saw honesty, sincerity,pain,guilt,regret,mischeviousness,happiness,longing,desire.

Once we got down,I removed my hand from his. I don't want to feel him anymore. Already his eyes were creating a havoc in my mind and I can't afford more.

He frowned like he didn't like what I did now,but said nothing. "Let's get you some water"I said and walked to the cafe.

Once we had our drinks, suddenly he said"thank you"

I looked at him in amusement with my eyebrows raised.

"You need not to help me after what I had done to you. Yet you helped me. You care for me. Thank you"his voice full of sincerity.

"Yeah if you think that banging your head badly and taking you to hospital myself after is caring,then I do care for you"I gritted my teeth.

"What??"he asked in confusion.