𝟹𝟷

· 。゚☆: *.☽
THE HUNTER AND THE HYBRID
»»————- act one. the new girl
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE ━━ klaus won

ISABELLE EXPECTED MANY THINGS WHEN SHE CAME BACK HOME AFTER BEING SHOOED OUT OF THE ABBATOIR BY MARCEL, REBEKAH, AND DIEGO BUT THIS WAS NOT IT

ISABELLE EXPECTED MANY THINGS WHEN SHE CAME BACK HOME AFTER BEING SHOOED OUT OF THE ABBATOIR BY MARCEL, REBEKAH, AND DIEGO BUT THIS WAS NOT IT. Apparently, the three vampires didn't want her to get hurt while they fighting Klaus, because now vampires cared about a hunter. So, after she tried to convince them to stay and failed, Isabelle went to St. Anne's and watched How I Met Your Mother re-runs with Davina, spending some quality time with the girl she saw as a little sister and would protect at all costs.

Then, after it was clear Davina wanted to sleep (but wouldn't let herself because of how much she wanted to know who the mother was) Isabelle managed to make the witch go to bed and then made her way back home to her and Camille's apartment where the blonde was pacing around the living room with her hands running through her hair.

"Cami, what's wrong?" Isabelle asked. It was at that moment she realized she barely spoke to Camille over the past week, and it seemed like she had been getting worse. The brunette felt guilt boil in her stomach for realizing that she had practically abandoned her friend when she needed her the most.

"I've been thinking," At that moment, it seemed like that instead of getting worse because of the memory gaps, Camille had found the clarity of the situation, "At first I thought I was going crazy like Sean, and I got scared I would hurt anyone so I started avoiding you and my uncle. But then I found these notes written by me, only that I don't remember writing them. Then today I found this-" She lifted an old newspaper from the coffee table and showed it to Izzy, "That's Marcel."

Isabelle didn't know what to say. The secret was out and Cami knew now. The picture of Klaus and Marcel at an opera house back in 1919 was proof of that.

"And look, that's Klaus Mikaelson," Camille pointed out, "Izzy, I know this is gonna sound completely insane, but someone is erasing my memory. And I'm 100% that someone is Klaus."

Isabelle suddenly found another reason to hate Klaus Mikaelson. He was compelling her friend for his own reasons, reasons that could not be good.

"Cami, listen to me, none of this is crazy. It fucking dangerous," Isabelle warned the blonde, "I am begging you don't get more involved in this till..."

"Till what?"

The phrase saved by the bell was quite appropriate if you imagined the bell of a phone.
Isabelle's phone rang with MARCEL's name flashing across the screen, "I'm sorry, Cami, I really need to take this."

Camille nodded as she watched Izzy walked out the door and onto the sidewalk, taking Marcel's call and ready to call him there and sought out this mess, "Marcel, can you please come to my apartment-"

"Klaus won," Marcel said, his words followed along a defeated silence, "Izzy, he swore he won't hurt you in any way please don't do anything that might change his mind. I'm begging you."

"What makes you think he'll live up to his word?" Isabelle inquired after a long silence, "He's lying and manipulative bastard-"

"Those are such kind words you've used to describe me, love," The cocky accent of Klaus Mikaelson filled Isabelle's voice, "I hope you're well."

"And I hope you die in a ditch!" Isabelle snapped.

"Let's not use such harsh words, even though I deserve them," Klaus said, "What I would like to say is, I apologize for upsetting you in any way, Isabelle and I hope you will forgive me."

A laugh escaped Isabelle's lips, "You're kidding? I should just forgive you after you kidnapped me and then compelled my friend to think she was crazy?"

"No, but there is something very useful in being my ally," Klaus said, "You see after that little encounter happened with Sophie Deveraux, I couldn't help but be curious of what was so powerful that it temporarily rendered Elijah and I, two original vampires, deaf. And I've discovered interesting things about you, Isabelle. Or should I say, Evangeline?"

Isabelle's voice caught in her throat. There it was again. Evangeline.

That was the closest thing she had to the truth, and she desperately wanted the truth, "How do you know that?"

"I've known things about you, and I'm willing to share for a price," Klaus said, "Davina Claire doing us a small favor."

"You should ask Marcel about this, Davina trusts him more than me."

"She does but I have a feeling she will only listen to you."

After a moment of thought, Isabelle gave her answer, "Fine."

"Excellent. I will see you at the Abbtoir tomorrow. Oh, no, the Mikaelson Compound."

Isabelle hung up without saying goodbye. Marcel lost New Orleans, and now Klaus controlled the vampire armies. Before this, Isabelle felt safe to know that Marcel would be there as the king of the city to keep Klaus away, but now times had changed. Klaus got what he wanted, and Isabelle knew she had to leave for her own safety. But there were people here who needed her. People she cared about, who wouldn't be safe as long as they lived in the same city as Klaus.

Coming here was a huge mistake, and Isabelle was just beginning to realize that. But it was too damn late to leave.

( AUTHOR'S NOTE! )

This is where the actual fun begins.
Klaus knows, and Isabelle is about
to. And the Harvest is also close, you
know what that means? Tears, tears,
and tears.

 And the Harvest is also close, youknow what that means? Tears, tears,and tears