𝟹𝟾

· 。゚☆: *.☽
THE HUNTER AND THE HYBRID
»————- act one. the new girl
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT ━━ the harvest

IN THE STORAGE UNIT Marcel and Isabelle had found a cot and made a place comfortable for Davina to rest until the Harvest was over, she would lose all magic afterward and then no one would look for her

"If I can just wait it out a few more weeks . . . " Davina said weakly, Isabelle and Marcel by her side with Izzy holding her hand tightly, "Help me, please?"

"We will," Marcel assured her, "And when it's over, I'll do what I should have done — get you out of town. The both you, away from the Mikaelson madness."

Davina smiled softly, "I had a dream that Tim wasn't dead. He played a song that he wrote for me, and he kissed me, and we were just normal."

A stray tear found itself down Isabelle's cheek as her grip tightened on Davina's hand, holding it as if the Harvest Girl would disappear if she let go.

"That sounds like a beautiful dream," All eyes turned to the doorway where Rebekah Mikaelson stood, not bothering to hide the sadness evident in her sapphire eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Marcel demanded, Isabelle wondered the same as she got up to confront Rebekah but Davina didn't let go of her hand, sacred of doing so.

"But it was just a dream," Rebekah continued, ignoring Marcel.

"Get out!" Marcel snapped at her, rising from his place by Davina's side, a dangerous look on his face.

"This is killing her," Rebekah said what Isabelle was too scared to admit, "Your stubbornness will mean her death."

"I promised her I'd fight for her. I'm not breaking that promise."

"No one is asking you not to fight. You two are the only family that this girl has," Rebekah looked from Marcel to Isabelle and then back to her old lover, "You owe it to her to fight for her to live."

-

After Rebekah had left, Davina was left crying as Marcel held her in his arms, Isabelle held tried to absolute best not to cry, not to show Davina how weak she was but after everything Rebekah had said, she couldn't hold the dam of tears for another moment.

Davina looked up at the faces of the vampire and the hunter, looking scared yet determined, "Marcel, it's okay."

"No. I failed you," Marcel said looking absolutely devastated.

"I'll die whether I do this or not. I mean, now the only option is-is whether I take everyone with me. If you look at it that way, it's kind of selfish not to do it."

Izzy choked back a sob, "Th-There has to be another way. This is not how it ends."

Davina held her hand again, "And if it is... If this is all I have, I've had a lot. I had Monique, and I had Tim, and I had someone who fought for me from the moment you both came into my life."