𝟹𝟸

· 。゚☆: *.☽
THE HUNTER AND THE HYBRID
»»————- act one. the new girl
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO ━━ curiosity killed the cat

 the new girl CHAPTER THIRTY TWO ━━ curiosity killed the cat

CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT. Niklaus had heard his father tell him something very similar when he had asked about the Werewolves who lived nearby. He had grown up believing he was merely a witch with untapped power, while in reality he was wolf and the man he had grown to call father was not his blood.

He sometimes even wondered why he carried the name Mikaelson. It wasn't his after all, it might be suitable for Rebekah or Elijah or his other siblings, but not him. Yet, knowing that Elijah and Rebekah loved him despite knowing that he was only their brother, he never questioned it.

Curiosity killed the cat, but in Klaus's case it was his brother. His young, innocent brother, Henrik. His curiosity didn't just kill Henrik, it killed childhood and innocence.

So it was natural Klaus worried what he would lose today if he listened to his curiosity and looked for answers. The Hybrid sat in his study, a Souvenir Box kept before him. It once belonged to his younger brother, or in reality it was manufactured by his younger brother.

Kol was a man with a great knowledge of witchcraft despite being a Vampire. Long before his death at the hands of Elena Gilbert and her brother, he had made many dark objects. The Souvenir box was similar, but it wasn't a particular useful one so Niklaus had simply kept it as bargaining material in case Kol desired it back.

Unfortunately, his little brother died before that day could come. But Souvenir Box was still in Niklaus's possession, and for the first time since Klaus had touched box, it was going to be used.

Kol had designed this box with a powerful memory reversal spell (the magic being done by witches he had charmed with his talks and looks, and some times threatening to kill their loved ones or promising them the reward of their enemy's heads on a pike). It had a simple working, it would grant stolen memories back, along with resistance from mind control. Useful for people who needed the undoing of vampire's compulsion or a witch's control spell.

On in Klaus's case some old memories that he had started digging, but he was quite impatient. In his dreams, he saw the real memories, a person who was missing in them returned. But it was taking quite long, so the Souvenir box was a shortcut.

Only question that haunted Klaus was if he should use it. In his youth as a human (or untapped-witch) he had fallen many times, but the one time he learned his lesson was when Henrik died because of him. The lesson was simple, curiosity kills the cat. Or your brother, but at this point Niklaus had daggered all his brothers multiple times so the 'killing' part didn't really apply any more. But he did wonder if he wanted to know what these memories held.

The question that he asked himself the most was why? Why were these memories only coming back now and not before? And why were they taken in the first place? He was an Original, no other vampire could compel him so this had to be Witch's work. And it had to be a powerful witch if she was able to cast the spell before Niklaus ripped her apart.