𝟹𝟽

· 。゚☆: *.☽
THE HUNTER AND THE HYBRID
»»————- act one. the new girl
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN ━━ i'll keep you safe

"WE SEDATED HER TOO HEAVILY," Elijah said in the middle of his pacing

"WE SEDATED HER TOO HEAVILY," Elijah said in the middle of his pacing. Isabelle was pouring herself a vodka as she watched the scene for her silently, or tried to keep her attention in the room instead of letting it wander upstairs where Davina sleeping after being sedated to stop her from blowing the roof off as Klaus put it. A conflict in her head tried to decide whether letting Davina die was worth this city full of monsters.

"Well, if this is her sedated, I'd hate to see her otherwise," Klaus said, "We all agreed that Davina must be sacrificed. There's no need to let her blow the roof off our heads in the meantime."

"No way!" Said Marcel, "You're not touching her!" He punched Klaus in anger, the Original didn't seem the least bothered, just rubbing his face in annoyance.

"Okay, I'll let you have that one," He said.

"Marcel, no one wishes to see Davina come to harm less than I," Said Elijah, "But there is no scenario here in which we simply wait this out. She's going to die."

"According to Sophie," Muttered Isabelle, but knew her words were loud enough for these old-ass vampires, "The witch who screwed over everybody here."

"The Harvest was working before it was stopped," Elijah said, "If a nonbeliever like Sophie Deveraux can come to have faith that these girls will be resurrected, then I, also, am a believer."

"I saved Davina from the Harvest," Marcel said, "Izz and I worked our asses off trying to keep her off the grid, and now you want me to just hand her over?"

"Do you think that I'm happy about this?" Klaus said, surprising Izzy, "If the witches complete the Harvest, not only do they regain their power, we lose our weapon against them," And that was more like the Klaus Isabelle knew, "The earthquake I was willing to chalk up to hideous coincidence, but these winds? If Davina is not sacrificed, then every inch of earth that shook, everything blowing about now will soon be drenched in water and consumed by fire."

"Oh! Now you care about the city."

"We ought to," Said Elijah, "We built it."

"And we all saw it burnt to the ground twice. I will not let that happen again. Do I make myself clear?" Klaus demanded.

"Yeah. Yeah," Marcel stormed off. Isabelle's head fell in her hands, frustration taking over her every passing moment. Why did things have to be so complicated?

"Not a people person, are you, Niklaus?"

"Nonsense. I love people. Just on my way to warn a couple of prominent ones in case the weather gets out of hand. If you fancy yourself as plus diplomatique, perhaps you'd like to come along."