𝟹𝟻

· 。゚☆: *.☽
THE HUNTER AND THE HYBRID
»»————- act one. the new girl
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE ━━ bloody hell

IN MOMENTS LIKE THESE, Isabelle longed for the old simplicity she had as a child

IN MOMENTS LIKE THESE, Isabelle longed for the old simplicity she had as a child. Of course, being a hunter in training since you were an infant is hardly simple, but it was better than what she lived through now. Gone were the days when demons were all she feared, gone were the days when she could look forward to escaping to college, gone were the times when she could just smile through the pain and expect her brothers to fix everything wrong in her life as they always did. That was childhood, a childhood where she learned one simple lesson: Monsters are bad, so we kill them before they hurt anyone else.

Now, Isabelle debated on the very definition of a monster. According to her father and brothers witches, vampires, werewolves, demons, shapeshifters, wendigos or anything that isn't human is a monster. Isabelle had met people who didn't fall in the category of humans, but she didn't see a monster in there. She didn't see a monster in Hayley Marshall, Josh Roza, Davina Claire, or Marcel Gerard. Maybe she saw one in Rebekah and Elijah based on the stories she heard of them, and she quite definitely saw a monster in Klaus Mikaelson.

She would give anything to protect Hayley, Davina, and Josh, she knew that much. But there was a part of her, the part that was all John Winchester, told her to be smart. That part told her everyone in this city was to be killed, it was an insult to her mother's memory in leaving these people alive according to John's influence that still lingered on her. Like father, like daughter then.

"The Italians call them Strega," Elijah spoke, a book about witches open in front of him which they used to consult for their one going situation: Keeping Davina safe, "The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina."

Before Isabelle could let out an irritated sigh and tell Elijah that she wasn't in his stupid house for a history lesson on witches, the voice of another Original spoke to infuriate her yet again.

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection," Klaus said, standing against the door, "Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence."

Isabelle, who had been standing next to Elijah this entire time while he tried to calm her down, glared the Original Hybrid who didn't seem quite happy by her presence in their house, Elijah was rather curious to know for what reason. Because if he could, he would have very well killed her, which meant this reason some very unlike the usual of Klaus's reasons.