Chapter SIXTEEN

Colt Knox

"Hmmph?.."

Mikki shifts about in my lap, reaching down to make herself more comfortable, finding solid steel beneath her pretty little ass..

Her green and gold eyes go wide with scandalised surprise as she blinks up at me.. "W-What is that?"

"You know.." I grin at her, amused by the sweet pink flush to her cheeks and the shy smirk on her lips.. Having her near me like this, so close I can make out each and every fine freckle and beauty mark of her honey-milk complexion, it's almost enough to have me forgetting my place..

Fuck it.. I could forget just about everything around Mikki..

"Oh my god! Colt!" She giggles, making a move to retreat when I wrap my arms around her, keeping her from escaping me, not ready to give up her delicious sugarcane scent just yet..

"Naww, I'm kiddin', Sugar.. See--" I reach down to tug the Sig from my waistband, dropping the pistol to the table beside us.. "Just my piece.."

She presses her full lips together to hide her smile, and in doing so, she draws every drop of my attention to them.. My every thought focused on the single notion of tasting those lips..

As if she can read my mind she leans closer, the whisper of my name on her tongue sending fierce fiery sparks surging southbound through my veins.. "Colt.."

"Mikki?" I rasp in reply but I dont move an inch, like if I don't make the first move here it somehow makes me less culpable..

Or at least that's what I tell myself..

And it's complete bullshit..

When her lips meet mine, all rationale is sucked from my mind to fizzle and dissolve deep down the molten pit of hot lava simmering low in my guts, all my thoughts silenced as her breathy moans strained with need, fill the humid air..

Flashing lights strobe and alarm bells ring in my head, warning me of all the lines I'm crossing, the boundaries of betrayal my actions are pushing and the uncertainty of the murky seas I find myself navigating..

But she's too damn sweet to quit..

"Mmmmhh.." Her tongue challenges mine with gentle encouragement, she tastes like spearmint gelato in summertime, silky smooth and sugary..

I can't stop the torturous delight.. I don't want to.. I could hang suspended from her lips for hours, I could let myself fall even deeper under her hypnosis until I forgot my own name..

But I know what I'm doing is wrong.. Seizing control of Mikki's life had been wrong.. Lying to her is wrong.. And kissing her now only piles on to the mountainous heap of deceit I've created..

No.. Not me..
Fucking Harrison..

Why was I sent here to turn Mikki into an asset if she was already informing? Why not let the DEA finish the job they started?
The deeper I wade into the De'Lucca debacle it seems everybody has their own motives, everyone is looking for their own slice of the action.. Including me..
And somehow, it always seems to come at Mikki's expense..

Fuck..

Her gentle hands slip around my neck as she presses her chest to mine and I can feel the patter of her speedy heartbeat matching my own..
My cock throbs filling with lust and my shoulder soon aches, seeping fresh blood though my stitches..

Goddamnit..

That pain brings me crashing back to reality..

What am I doing?