Chapter TWENTY NINE

Mikki De’lucca

.. t h e  n e x t  m o r n i n g ..

Sitting on the porch of the Cabin, watching the water drip from the sharp tin edges of the roof, you wait for Colt to finish putting out the fire inside so you can head back to the ranch house.. 

You're lost in memories of last night, smiling to yourself like lovestruck school-girl, as you watch the droplets splatter to the ground, completely zoned out to the world around you.. 

You can't help the tug of your lips when you think about the giddy way Colt makes you feel, or the lengths he'd gone to please you.. Not to mention the stamina.. You've never been with a guy who could just keep going.. And going.. And going..

"Hey there.." A deep voice has you jumping out of your flushed skin as you lift your eyes to see a handsome dark cowboy standing there beside the porch.. "You lost, little miss?"

The rainfall beats down atop his black cowboy hat, rolling off to land on the shoulders of his long black coat.. His bright green eyes are filled with warmth and his smile is soft, pulling playfully at the corners of his lips..

You shake your head.. "Um.. No.. Are you?"

He grins.. "No mam'.. I’m Ja--" He steps forward out of the rain, extending a large hand in greeting but is interrupted by the creak of the front door..

Just then, Colt appears in the cabin doorway.. "Jameson Tucker, you son’uv’a’bitch! What the hell are you doing here, I thought you took off?"

Jameson reaches up to adjust his hat in greeting.. "How’ya Knox, I told Julie I was comin' back.. Just needed to get out of Roan for a bit.. You know.. Clear my head.. Sorry man, I didn’t know there’d be anybody here.." Jameson smirks at you.. “You’d think he’d take you someplace nicer than this, wouldn't ya..  Miss?”

You try not to grin, but he’s funny, you can’t help it.. “It’s not so bad..”

His eyebrows rise in surprise and he looks down to inspect your clean bare feet, then he sniffs in amusement, looking almost puzzled as his gaze lifts to meet yours again.. “Is that so? A low maintenance gal, I like that!”

Colt waves him off.. "Mikki ain’t stayin’ here.. N' you sure as shit ain't eitherwithout Jules knowin' about it.. I aint puttin' in no good words for ya this time either.."

Jameson grins at you.. "Guess I've got some explainin' to do.."

You smile.. "Then you better get your story straight.."

Jameson chuckles as Colt stops beside you, offering his hand to help you down the stairs.. "We're headed back that way now, you wanna ride with us?" 

Jameson shakes his head.. "Ah.. Nah.. Think i'll do as the little lady says.. Take some time.."

Colt shakes his head.. "I don't know what happened, James.. I don't really wanna know.. All I'm gonna say is you've got one last chance to unfuck yourself.. After that.. I don't wanna see you ‘round here no more.."

Jameson nods.. "Yessir.. I'm workin' on it."

"Quit workin’ on it and get it done, brother." Colt grunts.. "C'mon Mikki, we gotta get back.."

"You ain't gonna have the little lady ride out in this?! It’s still dangerous out there, trees are down all over.." Jameson hitches a thumb over his shoulder.. "Take my truck back out along the western boundary.. I'll bring Paint to the stables.."