Chapter THIRTY ONE

Colt Knox

I've done it now..
Really fucking done it..
I am disappointed in myself, in my weak will and greedy behaviour..
I had bedded the Mafia princess.. And I mean.. I really dicked her down, hot and hard..
I fucked her so many times I lost count.. Every which way I could..

The entire night is now for the birds.. Like a dream.. Unbelievable.. I kinda lost my fucking mind.. Behaved like a low-down-dirty-animal, I wasn't in control of myself..

I mean, It's been a while since I've been with a woman, really I'd been avoiding them for longer than I care to admit.. And Mikki is just so fucking delicious, the combination is a dangerous mix of pent up tension and attraction..

Once I put my hands on her, it was damn near impossible to stop.. Just looking at her, needy, her eyes darkened with hunger, had my cock harder than an iron rod..

I was admittedly relieved Jameson turned up this morning and offered up his truck to bring her home in, because I'm not sure Mikki was looking forward to getting on a horse after what I'd done to her..

And be damned if I don't want to do it again..

Hell.. It was just one night, but me and Mikki made up for the lost time between us.. Over and over.. In every position..

Fuck.. It felt so right to let go with her..
Even if it was wrong.. I can't bring myself to regret it..

Hate myself for it.. Hell yeah..
But regret it?.. No fucking way..

Stressed and stuck in an dishonorable introspective loop, I sit on the edge of the bed, looking over the splayed out weapons and ammunition on the comforter, considering the consequences of what I have done and what I am about to do..

I inspect the Smith & Wesson compact pistol I had lifted from Mikki's handbag.. Tuning the cool steel over the in my hands.. I release the magazine, finding it empty.. No bullets..

Was she carrying it simply for show? I hadn't found any ammo to match in her posession..

Sliding back the action a single .22 calibre love letter pops out of the chamber, landing on the rug at my feet with a soft thud.. I lean down to pick up the discarded bullet, twisting it before my eyes between two fingers..

What good does one bullet do her?

Who is it for?
Angelo maybe?

Shit.. I need more time..
Time that I don't have..

Everything is about to change.. Bringing Mikki into my life was like taking a wrecking ball to a house of cards.. I had structured everything to work the way I needed it to.. Then, in she sweeps, this unchecked force of silk and steel, she is made for destruction..

Now, all that is left remains fragile.. Unbalanced.. And rebuilding won't be an option once the damage is done.. The foundations fractured..

My betrayal is set to salt the earth, ensuring that nothing would ever seed there again..

Not after I hand her over..

Going back to the city is a high risk move and not my first choice.. But the alternative of heading out on the run is worse.. I don't know if Mikki can take it, and I wouldn't want to put her through it, even if she could..

Now that my picture has been posted online alongside hers, it's only a matter of time before my name is out there too.. With the paparazzi sniffing around like bloodhounds, it would be idiotic for us to run..

No.. Running is never the answer..

I need to clear her, if she is to make any kind of escape from her family ties, she can't do it with a missing investigator and a dead security guard hanging over her head..