{ 13 }

CHRISTMAS WAS NEARING AT HOGWARTS. The dorm-rooms had been decorated, and so had the entire castle, including the Great Hall. At the front of the room, was a large, probably twenty-foot Christmas tree, which Professor Flitwick, the extremely small charms teacher had decorated.
Saying the room looked beautiful was an understatement.

"Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit!" Muttered Lily, running into the Gryffindor Common Room, and stopping once she reached Harry, who was sitting beside Ron, talking about Nicholas Flammel. Again.

She wasn't exactly dressed for the weather, she was wearing a pair of blue, oversized jeans along with a grey, oversized yellow jumper that used to belong to Dudley, and.. her converse. In snow.

"Harry, I need to show you something! Like, now!" She exclaimed, grabbing his arm, making him stand up.
"Lily, we're talking about something important here!" He huffed, but Lily wouldn't let him sit back down.

"No! This is much more important than good-old Nick!" She said, muttering a 'sorry, he'll only be a minute', to Ron, before he grabbed his jacket, and followed her outside, into the freezing cold Hogwarts Grounds.

"W- why did you bring me here?" He asked, before Lily brought him to a large pile of snow, with a Lily-shaped hole in it.

"Okay, so, I wanted to jump in this pile of snow, right, and then when I came out.. I was- I was like-" Harry gave her a confused look.
"Right just- just look." She faced the ground, before taking a deep breath and walking forward.

Harry's eyes widened in shock. How was this even possible!

Instead of Lily, all he could see was a wolf. Almost all of its fur was a red-orange colour, although some of it was white, and it had green eyes.

"What in the- how- what?"

The dog jumped around, although having to shake some snow off at the end of its little show.
Then, it turned back into Lily.
Her eyes were wide.

"See! I was like- I was- I wasn't me! I was a big wolf- thing.."
She looked up at the boy, with worried eyes, before her frown turned into a smirk, confusing the boy.

"Holy- I'm literally so cool. I can turn into a bloody wolf." She smiled.

"I- but how?" Asked Harry, rubbing his arms, trying to keep himself warm.

"I don't know, I guess we'll have to look in the library, won't we?" Lily smirked. Harry, Ron and Hermione had been in the library so much lately, that Lily had barely seen them.

Although, she had been hanging out with George, Fred and Charlie more often, so she was quite content; now even more that she had just found out that she could turn into a wolf.

Harry sarcastically laughed, before the two headed back inside, it was below -2° outside, and it was colder than a freezer.

They reached the Fat Lady, but before Harry said the password, Lily took him aside.
"Harry, don't tell anyone, alright, I don't want anyone knowing. It might the like... weird or something.. I don't know. I'm not even going to tell Charlie."
Harry nodded, his eyes slightly wider than before.

Lily and Charlie had become almost inseparable since they met on their first day at Hogwarts, they told each other almost everything.
Charlie knew all about the Dursley's - amd Lily knew most things about the Cove's. Charlie's mum and dad worked at the ministry, and her younger brother, Edward, (Eddie/Ed's) - would be coming to Hogwarts next year.
They even knew the passwords to each others Common Rooms, and would sometimes just come in randomly - as if it was their own.
Lily had made friends in Ravenclaw house, young and old, and Charlie had made friends in the Gryffindor house.
Now, they were definitely best friends.

"A- alright. I promise." Harry held up his pinkie, before Lily did the same, intertwining them.

The two then went back into the Common Room, where Lily found Charlie waiting for her, and the two went up to Lily's dorm, where Lily told Charlie what a hoover was, after saying she'd 'gladly hoover Professor Binn's up.'

•••

Ron, Harry and Lily sat at the almost empty Gryffindor table. It was the last day until the Christmas holidays, and most of the students were going home, including Charlie.
Lily wasn't exactly happy about this, at all, but she still had Ron, Harry, Fred and George to keep her company.
And possibly Tommy, if he was staying. Although, she knew all he would do was call her 'Lilyflower', flourish her with compliments and ask her out every two seconds, and it would be worse now - since all of his friends were leaving, although he was friends with practically everyone already.

Harry and Ron were playing Wizards Chess, while Lily had a book out in front of her, but she wasn't reading it, instead she was quietly singing a random song she had heard on the Dursley's radio a few years ago.

"And I can't fight this feeling anymore.." she bopped her head from side to side, she wasn't paying attention to anything until she saw Hermione come in.

"Queen to E5..." said Ron, before the Queen did just that, although smashing the other figure in front of it to pieces with a mine chair.
It was safe to say, Lily knew nothing about Chess.

"That's totally barbaric!"

"That's Wizards Chess." Said Ron, before looking down at Hermione's trunk.

"I see you've packed,"

"I see you haven't." Hermione said. "Change of plans," Ron began. "My parents decided to go to Romania, to visit my brother Charlie, he's studying Dragons there."

"Good, you can help Harry then. He's going to look in the library, for information on Nicholas Flammel." Hermione said. Lily and Ron both turned to Harry.

"But we've looked a hundred times!" Exclaimed Ron.

"Harry, my dear brother." Said Lily. "Why."

"You may have looked everywhere.." Hermione leant closer to three. "But not in the Restricted Section. Happy Christmas." And with that, she walked out of the hall.

"Not even a goodbye!" Lily huffed, while Ron said something about 'having bad influence on her.'

The three were about to leave the hall, when Lily felt someone slide in the seat beside her. "No, Lupin, I will not go on an evening stroll with you."

"Calm down," Said Tommy, smirking slightly. "I've just come to wish you a Happy Christmas." He finished, while Lily stared at him, slightly wide eyed, and Harry and Ron watched the interaction, sending each other a look, their eyebrows raised, smiling slightly.

"Alright well.. Happy Christmas to you to then." Said Lily, a confused look on her face, but also a slight smile.
The boy said his goodbyes to Ron and Harry, before turning back to Lily.
"Bye Lilyflower." He said, smirking before walking away.

Lily sat, still for a moment, before quickly jumping off of the bench, and running up behind Tommy.

"Lupin!" She said, stopping behind the boy, before he turned around.
She had to look up at him slightly, as he was slightly taller than her.

"I realised I never thanked you for the whole.. troll.. crushing thing, so.. thanks, Lupin." She smiled.
"Don't worry about it, anything for my Lilyflower." He winked, before walking out of the hall.

Lily took a deep breath, running a hand through her rather curly hair - she had been out in the snow earlier with Charlie, before she had to leave.

She walked back over to Ron and Harry, who gave her a look.
"What?" She asked, clueless.
"Oh.. nothing." Harry smirked, before continuing his game of Chess with Ron.

What in earth are they smirking at?.. Lily thought.