{ 19 }

"WELL, THAT WAS EVENTFUL."
Lily said, as she, Harry, Ron and Hermione sat at one of the tables in the common room.

Hermione was sitting rather 'properly' in her seat, while Ron and Harry's shoulders were slumped, and Lily was sat with her back bent and her legs propped up on another chair - and Tommy sat sleeping soundly on one of the couches near the fireplace.

"Harry, Lily - what did you see back there?" Hermione asked, leaning closer, clearly interested.

"It was-" Harry began to speak, but was cut off by his sister's hand covering his mouth.
"Long story short, 'Mione, it was big bad Voldemort." She said bluntly, huffing.

Hermione and Ron stared at the girl with wide eyes, while Harry looked at his sister in slight annoyance.
"I wanted to tell them..." he huffed, receiving a slap on the arm from Lily.

Hermione cleared her throat, attempting to diffuse the tension between the siblings.
"You mean - You-Know-Who is in the forest right now?" She asked, bewildered.

"But he's weak," Harry began. "He's living off of unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong! Snape Durand want the stone for himself - he wants the stone for Voldemort. With the elixer of life Voldemort will be strong again.
He'll - he'll come back."

"But.. if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to.. kill you both, do you?" Ron asked, his eyes wide with fear.

"Well, Ronald," Lily ruffled the boys red hair. "I think he might've tried to get rid of us tonight - but we're just too good for that." She smirked, leaning back in her chair.

Ron gulped. "And to think! I've been worrying about my potions final!"

"Hang on a minute..." Hermione began, sitting up. "We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared?" Lily, Ron and Harry shrugged, having no idea what the girl was getting at.

"Dumbledore! As long as Dumbledore's around, you're safe! As long as Dumbledore's around, you can't be touched."

•••

"THESE BLOODY EXAMS ARE MURDER!" Charlie exclaimed, as she and Lily walked through the courtyard, after a long day of classes.

Lily held her cloak in her arms, her sleeves rolled up, and her top button undone - with her tie hanging loosely around her neck, while her hair was in a rather messy bun at the top of her head, her wand holding it together.

Charlie's cloak was about to fall off of her shoulders - alike to her best friend, her top button was undone, and her blue tie was hanging loosely around her neck, with her curls blowing all over the place in the wind.

"You're lucky! You're brilliant at almost all of the - stuff! I'm pretty much just good at potions and bloody transportation!" Lily said, flapping her arms all over the place.

Charlie let out a snort. "Transportation.. hmm, I must say, that is a tricky subject." She said, smirking.

"What?" Lily asked, her brows furrowed, turning to her friend in confusion.
"It's called transfiguration, halfwit!" Charlie laughed, earning a glare from her friend.

"Oh.." Lily said, before she too let out a laugh. Although, Charlie couldn't help notice that her friend had her hand over her scar, as if she were in pain.

"You alright, carrot-top?" She asked, with narrowed eyes.
"Yeah - it's just his stupid bloody scar, it keeps burning." Lily answered, almost tripping over a stick.

"Well - hasn't it happened before?" Charlie asked, as she spotted Hermione, Harry and Ron, walking towards them, Lily following suit.

"Yes but - I think it might be some sort of warning - like, those signs on the road?"
Lily said, before her friend turned to her in confusion.