Charity match|24

"Hey Loser!" an all too familiar voice shouted next to my ear, my lord, could a woman get any rest around here? I sprang up, pushing his face away. I wasn't in the mood, not today.

"Hmm?" I hummed, catching Jide's honey coated eyes, which had an excited tint in them. I narrowed my eyes, not knowing what he was up to, "Jide, stop looking at me like that."

He laughed and tapped my shoulder, getting my attention once more. His phone screen lit up as he showed me the messages in a groupchat.

'Hello sidemen, pick your additions to the sidemen team for the charity match. Message us the people and we'll get them custom shirts'

"Another charity match?" I smiled, "that's amazing." The amount of money they'd raise, it would help a lot of people with mental health issues, like myself. Hopefully they could get support that I didn't have. He frowned, why was he sad? This was good news right?

"You're not getting it." He crossed his arms over his chest in frustration. I smiled, watching him soften a little. His facade fell as he rolled his eyes with upturned lips, "I want you to play on our team."

"Me?" I laughed, "me playing football?" I double checked, I was so unbelievably out of shape. I would drag the entire team down, I was only slightly worse than Vik the poor soul. His smile got giddy as he proposed number ideas, one even including me being the eighth 'sideman'.

"You can be number eight, I'll be number one, obviously." I smacked him playfully, heaven knows he needed to be knocked down a notch for his ego. He opened his mouth, most likely about to go on a spew about how he founded the sidemen, but I shushed him cheekily.

"No no, I think I'll take number one Jide, ladies first right?" He rolled his eyes, tucking his phone in his pocket. "Why the long face?"

"Why the crooked smile?" He shot back, I gasped and whacked him. It was deserved, it was kinda funny. But I wouldn't let him get away with it.

"JJ Olatunji you have ten seconds to apologise before I use my incredibly accurate aim to hit you with this shoe."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - /

"Welcome back to another more sidemen video, now, you may have heard rumours about another charity match." All the guys purposely looked at each other and nodded in sync. "These rumours are true, now, as much as we are shithouses, the sidemen hate losing. Here's a video of us shitting on Vik and practicing too many challenges." Behz finished with a large inhale, his chest rose, he stepped back, took a little run up and kicked the ball with the side of his foot.

It did not go in the goal.

"Oh yeah, also kiara is here!" JJ laughed, motioning me to come into frame.

I jogged to them hesitantly, waving to the camera, "hey, I'm Kiara, my best hobby is apparently getting stabbed." The boys coughed out laughs, shocked at my first words to the camera. "Too soon? Alright too soon."

We all took in turns, surprisingly I scored a few against Tobi, I was actually doing better than a few of the sidemen. Not Simon, I swore he had an unfair advantage in these videos. Vik sighed as he aimed for a crossbar hit, it went just under and all the boys laughed. I frowned, my man Vik deserved better. I quickly retrieved the ball, ballsing myself up. I kicked it as hard as I could at one of the posts, once again the boys were about to laugh, but the ball pinged against the metal and hit two of the boys in the thigh with a smack.

I with held the urge to smile, sending a discreet wink to Vik.

Don't let him go out tonight

Wait what? Let Vik go out tonight?

Yes

I scratched my head, taking my place just out of frame as I tried to figure out the meaning of the voice this time. This voice was omniscient, it knew every little thing, it didn't seem evil, but things could easily be misconstrued.

Ethan kicked the ball, hitting the crossbar, and my thoughts were quickly disregarded as the boys jumped on him. "Pile!" Jide scream, tackling Ethan to the ground, my mouth hung open and I began to laugh, oh lord, these boys.

"Alright, we're doing the two legged challenge." Harry announced with his lip pout and jazz hands, before I could even do anything, Harry pushed us physically into pairs. "Kiara and Josh, you're together on this one."

I nodded to Josh as he let out a laugh, the height difference would make this considerably harder. Harry and Simon went first, and surprising didn't score, as Harry nudged Simon and they both fell with yells. Vik and JJ scored after a few minutes of 'tactical' bullying, Tobi and Ethan scored pretty effortlessly, salt baying on Simon and Harry as they did so.

Me and Josh shared a mutual look, to be a dick or not to be a dick, that is the question. I brought my hands up and pushed him, he saw it coming and did the same, we both fell to the ground. "Right, where do we go from here."

"We roll" he said, and moved, shifting over me and giving me whiplash. I followed and flopped over him, the ball was in my face now. "Uh, try hit it with your face."

"I feel like this is going to go wrong."

L

I knocked it with my head, as expected I had a searing pain in my face as I did so. It was centimetres before the goal, I groaned out in defeat, that's when Tobi kicked it in for us and cheered. I undid the straps connecting our legs and hugged the boys at our very legit victory.

"What're we going to do as a victory dance?" Vik asked, it puzzled us for a moment. Then JJ came up with a brilliant idea.

"Right everyone line up on two different sides, Vik get in the middle." Just like that, Vik became a doll being tossed between the sidemen, he flung through the air into another person's arms and yelled to stop, with a few cries of laughter, he was put to the ground.

"We are NOT doing that." Vik said out of breath, I patted him on the back, he was a precious soul that suffered from 6 men. Vik shuffled closer to me and whispered, "hey isn't it your birthday soon?"

When, when did he know my birthday?

Like he read my mind he explained, "I saw a notification on your phone saying upcoming event and then your birthday, and, something else."

Oh. He knew about my Dad.

"Yeah it's my birthday soon." I smiled reminiscently, twiddling my thumbs as the sidemen hushed us over to finish the outro. "We'll talk about this in a minute." I mumbled back, jogging over to the camera again, hit with a sense of deja vu.

"Thank you guys for watching, let us know who else would be on the team. See you lot later." Everyone waved goodbye and I grinned, the thought of my Dad resting in the back of my mind.

I pulled Vik aside and asked him a question I never thought I'd ask anyone. "Will you come with me, to lay flowers down for him."

"Of course Kiara." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it supportingly, it felt nice, he wasn't going to tell anyone. Even if he found out by accident, at least I wasn't alone in my grieving this year. "I'm probably going to get Nando's, wanna come with."

Don't let him go out

"Nah, wanna go back to Behz's? Pretty sure he invited everyone over." I persuaded him with my fingers twitching to cross.

"Yeah, you're probably right, might stay over at behz's, I'm quite tired if I'm honest." He sent me a tired smile, I grabbed his arm with relief, directing him back to the boys.

"You guys weren't having sex were you?" Ethan questioned jokingly, I shook my head.

"Obviously not Behz, how shit is your eyesight." I poked at him and bit my lip with a giggle, he rolled his eyes.

"Alright alright, ready to head to mine lads? And..woman." He added on.

"Dibs on Aux!" JJ yelled, running to the car like a giggling child. He truly was an idiot, he was lucky I liked his music taste to a point.

Oh c'mon just snog him already

What the fuck.

A/N: hey guys, it's been a few months since an update huh? Sorry about that. The next chapter will be Kiara trying drugs and absolutely tripping as she marries Talia and dances with a horse/j

Missed you guys

Stay safe mwah mwah