Flowers| 20

I have a fan fiction on peaky blinders that's ready to be published. Please comment if that's something you'd be interested in x

E T H A N

We all stood round her body, looking down sadly, guiltily. I brought flowers, so did Talia, and JJ. I wiped a tear that was threatening to escape, after my problems with drinking and mental health problems, I'd never ended up like.

That.

I was lucky, and I recovered, and I'm here now.

Not in a hospital bed like Kiara.

I'd never really spoken to the girl, and when I did it was just a joke, saying about the other boys calling me fat. When, I'd lost weight now, our conversation was pretty insignificant.

She wasn't doing great to say the least. The stab wound was deep, they didn't know if she'd survive or not, it had a high chance of getting infected. If she didn't pass, it would be a while before she's let out.

"I should've gone with her." Talia whispered, just audible enough to hear. Simon looped his arms around her slumped figure. JJ shook his head.

"She ran off on her own because of me. I didn't mean it. I didn't mean it." JJ started hyperventilating. It wasn't his fault, he wasn't saying it towards her. His chest started getting tight, we sat him down and tears slid down his face. They didn't stop. I clamped a hand on his shoulder, being as supportive as I could be.

"Shhhh. I know it hurts brother." I gave him a hug. Mourning, it was unlikely she'd come out of this. I squeezed him and his breaths began to slow down. "You'll have your fight to distract you..." I tried to find words to comfort him, but I couldn't even comfort myself.

"Fuck the fight. You- you don't understand." He sobbed, his body wracking with them like a disease. "I know I sucked at showing it, but I started to really, and I mean really, like her." I kept quiet. I'd let the poor man speak. "I probably would've fell in love with her. She...she took an interest in boxing for me. I was going to ask her to spar, and then pick her up and hug her no matter what the aftermath was."

My friend, in pieces.

I'm in pieces.

EVERYONE in pieces.

All because we didn't step in. We didn't try harder. We didn't go after her.

Harry and Aiden had clung onto each other's hands for just a minute. They'd known each other well. Just seeking one last time of reassurance I guess. They're now the furthest apart in the room.

Freya and Josh were in the cafeteria, Freya finds things like this hard to process. Vik, he was just staring at the blood slowly seeping out, Tobi went home, he was probably praying right now.

Maybe we needed a bit of a miracle right now. It doesn't matter if you know someone a little or a lot, if you're watching them possibly die, all you want to do is save them.

Vik adored her as a friend. Simon was the first to meet her. Talia made her feel good about herself. JJ had a connection with her.

Please don't go lass. Don't make me lay these flowers on your grave, don't make me go to your funeral, don't make me weep over you.

S I M O N

I didn't feel much. I just felt Talia's small body against mine, silently letting her emotions out onto my shirt. I had brought this girl into our lives, I'm used to people disappearing once they get bored of us, but I'm not used to people fading away like this. I never thought I'd be standing near someone's potential death bed.