Sleepover| 6

This took forever! I hope you guys enjoy? Much more dialogue than usual, the start isn't anything fancy, it gets spicy towards the middle though and especially the end

After the whole fiasco with my sister, I just sat at home with a brewed cup of coffee, it took a while to drink it as I was shell shocked, and then I sunk into my mattress and tried to sleep the pain away.

It'd been two days since that happened, and I'd be lying if I said I got over it, I didn't really feel anything so I stayed put and relied on caffeine to keep me going.

'It's been a little bit, I'm sorry I didn't answer my phone, I'm pretty sure Tobi answered it. Hope you're okay :)'

A pathetic smile crept on my face, it was a start, my lips hadn't twitched and pulled up much. I considered Simon my best friend, and yet we didn't talk about anything serious, there was indeed an awkward barrier, but it worked.

'I'm all good, Tobi had such a calm voice, I'm guessing he's good with advice?'

It was true, Tobi had the most soothing voice I'd heard in my life so far.

'Well, he's the most supportive one in the group, anyway I'm getting sidetracked, wanna come over tonight? sorry for short notice again'

'I'm guessing Vik is crazing you about seeing me?'
I joked with a small grin

'Of course, you know what Vik's like, I still haven't given you his number, oh well you'll get it tonight anyway'

'Ah ha! Finallyyyyy, I've missed Vik, also what did you mean by group?'

'Awww you don't miss me?' He avoided the question and I reeled back and shrugged with a tiny ounce of hurt. That was only until he did reply with an answer though.

'We have a main friend group of seven, I'll talk about it later alright?' Was his later response

'Yeah cool, does anyone have like any nicknames for you? Calling you Simon is a bit of a handful sometimes'

'I am a literal handful, you can call me Si"

'Noted'

'Keep it in your weird head of yours'

With cold fingers I tapped back, 'oi, anyway what time?'

His response was delayed, so I got a biscuit from the kitchen and slowly ate it as I was patiently starting at my screen.

'Give it an hour and a half yeah? Cya soon'

I nodded my head, it sounded about right 'sure, see you' my chest felt heavy again, as soon as someone I considered a friend went, I just went back to not being exactly okay. As I had time to kill, I put my phone on charge and clicked on a playlist of sad songs to calm me down.

My fingers tapped to the rhythms, I grabbed a pencil and rubber and furiously and absentmindedly drew. My brows scrunched up in boredom, I wasn't in the mood for artistry, so I stayed there with a blank pokerface.

You know, what happened with your sister wasn't your fault, don't linger on it

I felt like a child being scolded by my own mind, of course I was going to linger on it. Some of the most hurtful words were thrown at me, it escalated so quickly and I just crashed and burned when I got home, but at least I couldn't be blamed for trying.

I rocked back in my chair and made a sound of alarm when I almost fell off, I gathered my bearings again and scooted closer to my bed, I grabbed my soft pillow and tugged it to my chest. I squeezed it hard and sighed, going to the house would be a good distraction, and Vik seemed a good person to confide in slightly, so maybe I would.