Little Warrior| 23

The sidemen house that was once presented as glorious, lively and colourful, was now a bare wasteland. With the majority of the occupants gone, it was lonely. JJ recorded videos and watched Dragon Ball Z in his spare time, while I took to boxing and attempting to find some new friends online.

I heard Jide shouting through the walls, ah, he was playing a horror game again. I'd check in on him in a bit, because in that moment, I was sat there with one prominent thought in my almost vacant head. Where would I go after this? What else was there waiting for me? Last time I ventured out on my lonesome, I got stabbed. I huffed, decisions? Never been good at those.

Maybe I could be a fitness trainer? That probably wouldn't work out. A youtuber? Would that be copying all of the boys though? Would they think I was using them? I groaned, softly banging my head against the eggshell walls. I could ease into the youtuber life with the help or JJ, he'd probably help.

To say my brain was fried would be an understatement. I let the impulsive choice take over me, the anxiety began to rise as I made my way to Jide's room, knocking on the mahogany door. Which scared Jiddle in return, I caught the sounds of a scream on the other side, and quickly suppressed the urge to burst out laughing. He wouldn't be angry at me for disturbing him.

"Just a sec, holy shit." His heavy breaths were audible even from the distance I was away from him. Weird how we started from him saving me when I was dissociating, to now living in the same place as him, where he screamed his lungs out. His footsteps shuffled hastily over the cream carpet, I was greeted with his awkward smile. "I wasn't scared."

"Of course you weren't." My lips quirked up in return, I'd never think that I would end up falling for this man, but I did. Hard, and I don't think I could ever get back up now. He faced away from me momentarily, most likely to hide the embarrassment. "Everyone already knows you're a scaredy cat." I prodded at him, squishing past his figure and into his room.

"Nah man, I was just caught off guard." He excused, pushing the door shut with a satisfying click. He brushed off his clothes, seemingly hyper aware by the snacks he was eating while recording. The red camera light was still flashing, I guess JJ was really that shaken up. "Did you need anything?"

"Yeah, that's why I walked into your room." I retorted gently, this is how our banter was developing. It was almost alien to me, I'd never had close bonds with people, now suddenly I had two best friends. One that I fell for.

"What's up?" He asked, ruffling his dreads as he sunk back into his gaming chair, a bottle of lotion sitting opened on his desk. Jide, oh god, why was it opened? I ignored the bottle, taking the opposite, less comfy seat. "Was I being too noisy?"

"No no! You were fine, I just wanted some advice. If that's alright?" The shyness kicked in, don't you dare stutter, I repeated to myself, but knew I was cursing myself. What if he really did think I was using him? What if it changed his view of me? I exhaled as he gave me a nod to continue. "Can you help me become a youtuber, like you?"

His face softened even further, I tried not to pay attention to the small detail. A grin lit up on his face, and in the blink of an eye, my chair was dragged closer to him. "How about you be in this video with me? To start you off being on an online platform?"

"You sure?" My hands got sweaty on instinct, what if all his fans hated me? What if I was boring? All the possibilities filled occupied me, only to be silenced by the sultry voice embedded into me.

It's okay, breathe.

It's okay. It's okay.

"Yeah, you idiot, of course I'm sure." He laughed, my jaw dropped open at the insult, I reminded myself not to curse at him until the game was more progressed. He'd be distracted. "Now, your turn. I bet you'll be terrified."

I rolled my eyes, switching seats, we chatted idly as I explored the virtual woods, a figure hiding behind trees ominously. "Does this guy wanna catch my hands? He's pissing me o- OFF OH MY GOD!" I yelled as the guy appeared in the fog, I could see an animation of him running straight at me. Sharp claws and elongated teeth.

Jide was screaming with me, and snorting. "Pussy." He mumbled, I paused the game immediately. Swivelling to gaze at him.

"You play then."

"What?!?!" His eyes grew wide.

"I said you play, because I'm such a pussy."

"Right now? Where you left off? The guy is chasing you!" He shook his head at me incredulously, in disbelief, which he was in a lot of the time. I gestured for him to swap, to which he begrudgingly obliged. "Suck your mum fam!" He cried, unpausing and darting away.

He was, a character, that was for sure.

His screams were louder than mine, and within a few minutes, he got brutally slaughtered by the demon stalking us in the woods. "Scaredy cat." I stuck my tongue out at him jokingly.

"Peasant." He responded, chest rapidly rising from the jump scare we both received. I knew I was superior to him. I totally won.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - /

The video had been edited and posted, I made myself stay away from it for three hours. I was nervous. So now me and Jide sat cross legged, about to read the comments on the video.

Yoooo, that chick was funny af

Petition for the woman to come back

I see you Jide 😳

THAT GIRL DID BETTER THAN JJ 😭😭

"They like me?" I whispered happily.

"They like you." JJ confirmed, a soft edge being brought to his chocolate eyes.

Giddy, I reached forward and clasped JJ in my embrace, wrapping my arms around him excitedly. My face fell onto his chest, I felt his heart speed up, and slowly his hands rested on my back, stroking my sides. "Thank you scaredy cat."

"You're welcome little warrior."

A/N: I REWROTE THE CHAPTER BECAUSE IT SUCKED AND NOW ITS WAY BETTER, YOURE WELCOME