Time just stops| 17

Simon's perspective

"You have one chance." I sighed, burying my hands into my blinding, yellow coat pockets. "Josh, loosen up a bit. He made your mistake, but it worked out for you and Freya."

Josh shrugged, quickly scratching his beard. "A bit of a different situation, but sure. Freya was almost assaulted, Jide just wasn't fucking watching."

It was easy to tell Jide wanted to speak up, but for his sake he shut his mouth and thanked me once again. In the corner of my eye, I caught Tobi rubbing Josh's back, if only JJ was that caring when it came to some people.

Fuck I'm getting angry again

Jide always had trouble with showing care, which wasn't a big problem most of the time. But now it was, Kiara had been living here, she was our house guest and our mate, and he just let her walk out the place.

"Right, Freya, boys. Let's get going, I want to see her. I don't know if I completely trust this Aiden guy." Talia rushed us, adjusting her Adidas jacket and quickly tying her shoelaces again. For a moment I got lost in the way her burnt blonde hair fell in front of her face, and the smile she flashed me when she got up.

I cleared my throat, tugging on my silver hair subtly. Jeez, would did I do to deserve her? I beelined behind JJ and opened the door that he barged in, I'd be pissed at him for a few days, but we'd work it out. God, we sounded like a couple. Him and Josh would have high tensions for a while too.

"Wait!" Talia gasped, remembering something important all of a sudden. "I need to get her medication."

"Medication for what?" Ethan asked curiously, clicking his fingers absentmindedly. He never got an answer though, because Talia thundered up the stairs and crashed into Ki's room, hugging a box to her chest and returning back down.

"Alright, we ready now?" Vik gently spoke, worry was literally etched into him, he'd been shaking ever since I called him, but he might just be cold. Poor guy is only wearing a t shirt.

"Yeah, you first dick head." I shot at JJ, but because of him being like a brother, a smile overcame my face, and he sent me a wink. "Oh shut up, remember one shot and I'm kicking you in the balls."

"I didn't say anything, and yeah yeah. I know what I'm going to say." He mumbled the last part. He obviously didn't know what he was going to say, but his mind was undoubtedly running wild.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - /
Trigger warning- talk of suicide and negative thoughts

Back to Kiara

"How many of them are coming?" I questioned with a rasp, god I was tired, but just imagining hugging Talia and the rest of the boys was enough to keep my eyes wide open.

"Eight or nine." Aiden yawned beside me, "they said this guy called Harry may come in the morning. What you doing about your apartment by the way?" He shifted in the stool, rolling his lips as he stared down at his tea.

"Selling it to someone after my family get sorted out." I rubbed at my eyes, trying to erase the burning that overcame them. "Do you know how far away they are?"

"Fair enough, and apparently, according to Simon's last text, around 3 minutes away." Oh god, that was close. My heart spiked, beginning to pound, how worried had they been? Were they going to be mad at me? "Kiara, calm down alright? They won't judge you."

"Do you promise?" I bit my lip unsurely, strands of blonde and brown hair falling into my face. Aiden nodded, sealing his promise by embracing me momentarily. "What if they and drag me out of here?"