Talia| 9

I shouldn't have fought with my sister, but it wasn't my fault right?

I clutched my phone, letting the tears slide down, would Talia even turn up? My cracked exposure was splitting apart even further, I didn't know a single verbal fight would cause this.

You deserve it

"No I don't!" I whispered harshly to myself, did I deserve it? I wasn't the one to comment something horrid first.

"Talia" I paused solemnly, "please hurry up" I mumbled, waiting for her car to pull up and me to clamber into it.

Please hurry up

My prayer was answered. Only a few minutes passed until a sleek black car pulled up with Simon in the passenger seat, and a beautiful woman in the driver's.

Cautiously I jogged up to the car and tapped on the window, the girl who I presumed was Talia rolled down her window and smiled. "Are you Kiara?"

"Yes" I rushed out, I fiddled with my hands and tried to look her in the eyes.

"you might want to get in quick before we start getting stalked as well" she explained and lifted the lock on the car doors.

I slumped into the seats and bowed my head, "sorry" I mumbled. Simon swivelled around in the passenger seat and sent me an 'are you serious' look.

"Don't say that word again" he threatened falsely and turned back to the front. His hand hovered over the radio before he smoothly switched it on.

Bruno Mars blasted into the air, and though I'd never admit it, it made me feel drastically better. "We're going to the sidemen house," when she saw the confusion laced within my features, she corrected herself, "we're going where all the boys live"

I smiled and understood, 'sidemen' must be their YouTube name. The car journey was awkward, even with Simon who I had known for a while. Talia seemed like a gentle person, and it didn't escape my notice how feverish Simon could be around his girlfriend.

"You two seem close?" I quizzed uncomfortably, could I even make a clear, decent conversation? I was an outsider, the odd one in this car.

"We can be, we can also be very stubborn too, can't we Simon?" Talia teased and cranked the radio down, impulsively Simon went to switch the dial. "See?"

Unexpectedly a buzz rang through the air, I wrapped my fingers around my phone and cautiously answered, "Hello?"

Simon shot me a very dull and doubtful look, his lips were downcast in shock and I could tell he was questioning why I'd answer the phone. I wasn't sure either.

"Hey honey, you blocked me on message, not Instagram" the screeching halt of my breath startled me, my mother and her cruel voice swished around my head, causing havoc.

"Oh, I'm sorry mum. I'll unblock you-" I delivered my words without a stutter, but she interrupted me anyway.

"Where are you?" Her voice morphed into a growl, my eyes widened drastically and I flinched obviously.

"With friends" my vague statement pulled a laugh from someone in the background, just confirming my suspicions.

I hung up and deleted all social medias for the time being, I would not deal with that for a long while.

"are you okay?" They both asked in sync, I smiled and just murmured that I blocked them.

The road started getting more narrow as we drove down. The familiar house crept up into my vision and made me feel safe, welcome and untouchable.

"JJ's training, just letting you know" Simon gently cooed me out of my trance. I leaned forward and let my mouth open in question.

"What's he training for?" Sounded like a competition thing to me.

"A boxing match" competition, that's right. "Him and a very well known YouTuber" he carried on and emphasised, "it's important"

I nodded and exhaustedly pushed my way through the doors of the house. Talia gripped me and whispered, "let's get you sorted out" her hand grasped mine and lead me up the stairs into what seemed to be a boy's room.

"Is this Simon's bedroom?" My voice came out softer than expected, so I repeated more strongly, "this room Simon's?"

"Yeah" Talia absentmindedly answered, she dug into her bag and found her phone. "I'm just going to call the police, okay?"

"Yes, thank you" I replied with a tight smile.

"Hello, I'm here to report a case about stalking and what could've lead up to an attempted assault" she started unwaveringly. A mangled tone and static flooded into Talia's ears and I saw her grimace, "her name is Kiara Rivers, the suspects are..." she turned to me with a blank look.

I mouthed, 'sister, mother, sister's boyfriend' hastily and felt relieved when she had surprising caught it.

"The suspects are her mother, sister and sister's partner..." I knew she wanted their names so I moved my lips at a fast pace once again, "Alana Rivers, Bailey Rivers and a Male called Dan"

I scrunched my face up when I realised how stupid it was that I didn't manage to get dan's last name.

"Thank you, Alert me as soon as possible" her expression darkened into a straight set stoic face. She hung up the phone slowly and motioned for us to stand, "let's go do something to distract you"

"Can we see JJ boxing?" I almost felt my lips raise at his name, he'd saved me from being a total idiot.

"Alright, don't tell Simon that we're watching his boyfriend without him" I laughed and the tension of a metaphorical weight sprung away from my shoulders.

When we rushed into JJ's training area, he was rapidly beating a punching bag and twisting his body at what seemed like inhuman speeds to me. He was talented, that's for sure.

He abruptly stopped and met eyes with me, my heart paused as he stared unbothered at me. "Have you been crying?"

"It's a long story" Talia butted in and patted her hand on my shoulder. "We'll talk about it in a bit, if Kiara's comfortable"

I agreed and stepped forward, JJ had a gorgeous physique. "You're good at boxing" I acknowledged awkwardly, he belted out a laugh.

"I sure hope I am. It's about time for a break actually" his warm tone invaded my senses. "You both coming?"