Warmth| 7

The rest of the night consisted of games and lots of obnoxious shouting. Trivial Pursuit become her second favourite game, she always tried to be 'Velma' but her and Josh had to have a few playful squabbles before she permanently got the character.

Her new favourite though was Dead by Daylight, it was a perfect game and made her heart thump whenever the killer came by. She liked being the survivor and laughed every time a person called Ethan would be killer, he just giggled all the time, not that intimidating but agonisingly funny.

She couldn't count the amount of food she had, never before had she eaten that much, she felt happy at that house, truly content.

- - - - - - - 1st Person

I was honestly so tired, it felt like my back was deforming in ache, we all got sleeping bags and various amounts of cushions. I slumped down in the corner and fiddled with the keychain on my phone, was this really happening? Did I finally have a good friendship group?

"Hey Kiara!" Simon called while yawning, he begrudgingly got up and practically dragged himself over to me in a dreary state, seemed like he never slept from the way he was moving.

"Yeah?" I hummed, my eyes were curious and delighted that he was speaking to me again.

"I told you I wanted to explain something, and that is that most of the boys you've seen tonight are apart of a group we're in" he made hand gestures and smiled with a wince, it seemed like he didn't want fame to change the way I thought of everyone.

"Like a dance group?" I raised my eyebrow and laughed with a breathy sigh.

"No, not quite it. We're youtubers" he chuckled himself and whispered under his breath that they'd all fail as a dancing group.

"That does make more sense, I only tend to go on YouTube for music" I admitted honestly, I took notice of the fact everyone was settling down so I hushed to Simon "get to sleep now, everyone looks knackered"

"Night Kiara, we really need to hang out more. How would you feel about Talia, you, JJ and me hanging out?"

"We'll figure that out tomorrow, night si. Night everyone" the last bit was whispered softly and I was sure someone would spitefully respond with

Go fuck yourself

No one ever attacked and leaped towards me with their words. So I tried to settle, it was no use. I tossed and turned and still, no movement could make my body slam into a slumber. Was it because I was at a new place? Or the fact I was scared someone would break in? Or I was just being a night owl for no reason tonight?

Maybe I should go out

As soon as the thought pondered my head I pushed it aside, I did want to go outside and breathe in the night air and maybe even jog around. It was certainly too risky to do though, I could get lost or kidnapped or have a panic attack and be left on the road for an hour.

Then again, if I tracked myself carefully and brought my flashlight with me, it could work. I didn't like to admit that I was legitimately thinking about this idea but it was crawling into my brain and into my headspace of temptation before I could stop it.

Should I?

All I wanted to do was to leap up from this sleeping bag that Vikk had wrestled his way through the cupboards for. I noticed that everyone wasn't quite asleep yet so I couldn't sneak out at the current moment, I think josh was having a bit of a hard time too. It was a little infuriating because I just wanted to wander around outside and Josh was unbelievably awake like I was.

It seemed like he was settling down and he wasn't very aware, so I took my chance. I shuffled out from my sleeping bag and crawled across the floor as quietly as I could. Once I made it downstairs I took a deep breathe and gently cupped the door handle, it clicked open and I slipped outside. It was so so freezing.

My feet carried me all the way down the road to a completely new street. I passed a park and almost had the urge to go in, but I saw people dressed in black and immediately thought back to my sister so I thudded on to another place. So many twists and turns that my head got wrapped up in the bitter crisp air. My fingers had no feeling by the time I crossed another new street, I couldn't move my toes and I could only guess the way back which was my worry in the first place. I stepped out onto the road and was completely oblivious to the person driving in their pristine and expensive car.

They swerved and braked fast while I crumbled to the ground, the cold was just unbearable now. The figure stepped out from the car and fumbled around to do something, their voice was faint but soon enough punctured my ears.

"Hello? Jesus fucking Christ what were you thinking? You alright?" He prodded at me and gasped, I could barely see him because of my half closed eyelids, "you're freezing, oh my god, right I'm going to drive you back to the house me and my friends live in alright?" He looked down at me and noticing my lack of a reaction, smoothly picked me up and buckled me in the seat of his car.

I couldn't feel, so I didn't bother panicking, I just wanted to go home, but where was home anymore?

He scooped me up again when the car stopped and practically ran inside, was this Simon's and the other's house? He set me down on a stool in the kitchen and he jogged to grab blankets. They were laid over me gently, he let out a sigh of relief when I started gaining back the colour in my cheeks.

"You look a lot better, but what the fuck happened there?" He crouched down a bit and shook his head, "don't wander off in the middle of the night, I'm sure you've heard it before but it's dangerous" he took one of the blankets off when he noticed the thin layer of sweat coating my forehead.

"Yeah, wasn't really thinking. Can I go back upstairs now?" I whispered in question, I just wanted to sleep, maybe not upstairs but I just wanted sleep.

"You recognise this place? Are you vikk's and simon's friend?" I nodded, "Name's JJ" he reached out to uncover another blanket.

"Kiara" I answered back softly, I stumbled as I got up and he stayed still for a moment with a pile of blankets in his arms.

"Well, lets get you upstairs, I'll bring the blankets upstairs in case you get cold alright?" He nodded his head towards the stairs and we slowly made our way up. Just before we entered the room I turned to him and smiled genuinely.

"Thank you JJ"

"No problem" He hushed out awkwardly.

He looked back at me and gave a thumbs up with a bit of a crooked smile, he jogged to his room and shut the door as soundlessly as he could.

He should've hit you with his car

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally, it took so long, but here is where it starts!