Stalked| 8

I woke up still shivering, surprisingly my eyes weren't as heavy as I thought they'd be. Miraculously I had managed to tug off the blankets covering me during the night and had completely moved position. I had found myself laying right next to Simon's feet, I coughed and sat up.

I scanned the room and noticed only a few people were still asleep but a couple had dashed out the room a while ago due to the tidiness in some spots.

"Vik" I heard an oddly familiar voice groan, it was smooth and full. I had struggled to grapple ahold of the person until their voice rang through the air again. With a fast pulsing shock it all washed back to me and I had lowered my head at my behaviour last night.

I don't know why he helped you

I shook and rolled my shoulders before gently standing up and stumbling over to the door. My hands caressed the walls as I searched for a bathroom to cleanse myself quickly in.

"Vik, can you make me breakfast please?" His voice questioned again, I saw him begging and on the verge of laughing with Vik downstairs and decided to carry on my search.

My fingers brushed against the cream paint, scraping it off slightly against my fingernails until I came to a more slim open door, I nudged it open and sighed when I saw the white cool tiles and the mint coloured walls.

I shut the door until it clicked and locked, when I looked in the mirror, embarrassment coated my whole body. It wasn't that a certain part of me was a mess, all of me was.

Definitely not looking your best today

I swatted away the thoughts and rubbed my eyes with a grimace. I grabbed water from the tap and scrubbed at my face until it looked slightly presentable.

I had no idea what to do with my hair apart from wet it and put in a bun. I frowned and followed along to the action, my wet hair left water droplets dripping down my collar in an unpleasant manor and it made me shudder uncomfortably.

You look horrendous

I almost growled out, but instead I scratched at my head for a brief moment and trotted downstairs with a confident veil. The steps were cold, the coolness crept up my legs as I reached the end of the staircase.

"Vik" I called out tensely, he popped his head out of the kitchen and smiled, gesturing me over before disappearing behind a marble pillar.

"Could I have some breakfast too?" I asked politely, "or I can cook it, I really don't mind" he shook his head and turned the cooker on, getting a pan and some pre-made pancake mixture.

"I hope you don't mind Kiara, we normally don't have time to make actual proper pancakes" he explained and laughed apologetically, "how many?"

"Two?" I questioned respectfully, he nodded and asked the same question to JJ (who I had yet to even turn to out of sheer embarrassment) "I might head home after this, I don't want to bother you guys for too long"

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw movement and went to look behind me when his voice peeped in. "Vik's pancakes are good even if they're premade, have another one if you'd like" his velvety voice punctured my senses and I reeled for a second.

I declined politely and waited patiently until Vik had finished making the servings. As soon as they were done, I reached for the Nutella and spread it heavily onto my two pancakes. I hastily rolled it up and took generous bites, These were really good actually.

Once I finished my second one I was slightly dismayed and went to stand up when another pancake plopped on my plate. I looked up confusedly and saw a glimpse of JJ going back to his seat. "Told you they were good" he spoke, washed his plate and strode out of the kitchen.

I demolished my last pancake and dusted the crumbs off my top and trousers. I turned to Vik and thanked him, he simply gave me a hug and said farewell as I was just about to leave.

I grabbed my bag and coat and roamed out of the house. I called an Uber and began walking up and down the driveway as I waited, it wasn't as cold as it was last night, but it was definitely able to still chill me to the bone.

It soon came and I opened the door with frosted hands. The driver smiled and thankfully didn't talk much at all, the journey seemed longer and I double checked my purse to see if I had enough to pay for the full ride. I made him stop sheepishly and said I only had money for him to go this far and not the rest of the way. He nodded and reached out his palm, I gave all the money to him and found his presence a little intimidating. He also huffed by the sounds of it.

As I shimmied out the car, I noticed it looked like Dan in the driver's seat. Was it Dan? Was he stalking me? I frowned upon the thought and dug through my head for his image once again, I could confirm it was him now.

My hands shook and my heart started pounding, I quickened my steps and saw from a slit in my vision that he was down the street, he wasn't moving much at all. I swooped into an alleyway and went a different route home when I saw him turn round and hit his steering wheel frustratedly.

I raced down narrow passageways and coughed out breaths, I couldn't let any of this happen. I saw my familiar street coming up and turned my pace into a slower one. I shakily stumbled up the steps and almost staggered into the red door of mine, one thing that instantly popped into my head was that

It was open

A pained whine escaped my lips, I gently pushed the door and it created no noise, I peered in and caught a glimpse of a pair of high heels in the kitchen. I stepped back out the apartment, a scream threatening to break free and ascend up from my throat. It would either be my sister or my mum, and after what happened last time, I was not going to deal with confrontation.

I sped down the concrete wonky steps again, my back scraping the brick walls vigorously as I ducked beneath trees on the pavement. My hood flipped up to conceal myself and soon enough I found myself in a completely new domain, I found another narrow alleyway, a small one too, one that I could take closure in for a few scary minutes.

My phone's touch lingered in my pocket and without any other thoughts, I yanked it out my pocket and furiously typed the password in.

I dialled Simon's number and prayed he would pick up, like last time, it was someone else. A high pitched female voice chimed into the phone
"Hello? This is Talia, Simon's girlfriend, how can I help you?" She sounded sweet and kind and it almost lulled my heart to a softer pulse.

With all the dignity left in me, I spoke with a terrified voice, "I really need help. I think I'm being stalked, I don't know what to do, please, I'm so fucking scared" I shivered and felt warm tears slide down my face.

"Right, you're going to tell me where you are and I'm going to get you out of this situation. I'll take you to the house, then we'll call the police" she stated firmly with a tone of finality.

"Just please, help"