Sneaky Simon| 22

We all sat in Nando's, my first time actually being there (Without being kicked out or denying an invite). It was different to my usual scene (home with a takeaway). Paintings scattered the walls, fluorescent lights dangled from the ceiling, and it had an overall wooden aesthetic.

I sat anxiously shifting in my seat next to Vik and JJ. All the sidemen were there, along with two guys called Callum. And of course Talia and Freya. Talia kept winking at me across the table when JJ would put his hand unusually close to mine, which caused my heart to pound erratically, but I chose to ignore it for the most part.

Our waiter made their way to our large group, with a pad and pencil she smiled politely, quickly glancing at everyone, but she stopped at me for a minuscule longer. Her hazel eyes made me blush. I knew those type of looks, and they didn't happen to me often. "Hi! I'll be your waiter this evening, can I start you off with any drinks? Or have you already decided on your order?"

We all muttered amongst ourselves, deciding on drinks because I had no clue what to order. "I'll have a sprite please." I looked at her sheepishly, not used to someone's eyes being so focused on me.

"Of course my lovely!" She scribbled it down with a sly smirk. "What would everyone else like? Our drink special today is a piña colada if you're interested."

The song immediately popped into my head, it also sprang to someone else's because Vik began quietly singing it to me. I chortled under my breath as he asked for one.

Once everyone ordered theirs, the waitress swayed away, which cued Talia to squeal at me. "She was looking at Kiara with fuck me eyes!" My eyes widened and I instinctively hid my face. "You can't tell me she wasn't!"

Every single individual agreed, Vik patted me on the back in sympathy, knowing I felt like a laughing stock for a split second. What if she hits on me? What if she asks for my number? I can't say no, otherwise I would hurt her.

I drowned in embarrassment as Ethan began commenting too. "Oh but her green sparkling eyes!" He sighed dramatically, almost falling out his chair. "And those messy blonde curls of hers. I'm- im falling!" He gasped and went red in the face from laughing. I begrudgingly caved in to the banter and took to laughing it all away too.

"Have you decided what to eat?" JJ quizzed softly, after some of the silly uproar died away. "Also, I don't blame her for looking at you like that." He shrugged, awaiting my answer.

"I think for a starter, I'll have peri peri nuts, no idea for a main. Unless you want to share something with me?" I brushed off his previous statement, after the incident, he followed me round like a lost puppy, but I still felt like I wasn't good enough. He'd started calling me a little warrior whenever we were alone, and sometimes, I let myself feel the tinge of something more than a crush develop.

"Alright, I'll decide what I want for a starter in a minute. I'll share some wings with you?" And the response he elicited from me was a shy nod.

"So, Kiara, are you going to flirt back with the waitress?" Simon winked at me, interlacing his hand with Talia's. "She seems pretty into you."

Everyone quietened down, it wasn't a surprise either. "Love, crushes, interests," and people were immediately listening to your every word. "Um, well." I coughed, noticing JJ pouting at Simon. "She's very pretty."

"Well done Simon, you've finally figured out her sexuality." Talia rolled her eyes teasingly, knowing I was bi for a long time. But Talia also knew this waitress was absolutely my type. Talia was no fool though, she knew about JJ and I. I wouldn't go for the waitress, no matter how gorgeous she was, JJ was a new type of feeling.

"You still like guys right?" JJ said quickly, I giggled, saying a quick 'yes'

"I like guys way more than girls, but they've always been an open option." I scratched at my arm, now feeling nervous. Would my sexuality be all they'd focus on? Would I be their friend who was somewhat gay? No, I was over thinking it. My sexuality wouldn't define me.

The waitress came back to our table with the drinks, and we hastily ordered our food, trying not to shout over each other. She was still interested in me, but I just smiled, not engaging back. It didn't make me uncomfortable, but it didn't arouse something within me either. When she left, Simon, looked up from his phone with a grin.

"Truth or dare anyone?" He presented his idea, like he'd already planned it collectively with the rest of the group.

I hate it here

The strange presence and I agreed. This angelic wispy voice hadn't disappeared, it didn't seem it was going to. So I just let it invade my head, it wasn't deafeningly sad like the other one. Her comment almost made me giggle.

Yeah it sucks

I groaned when everyone else signed up for it, and of course, when have I ever liked being the odd one out? I sighed, getting a tug in my chest, I didn't want to do this. "JJ, truth or dare?" Simon darted the question too fast. It was calculated. What was about to happen?

Before Jide could answer, our food arrived. I nervously started eating, not even letting it go down before picking up another peri peri nut. I offered one to JJ, not giving him much of a chance to reject. I had studied every tic, every tell and every out of the ordinary Simon did because of my anxiety. I needed to know his patterns, so I could engage with them, see if I related to them. At this moment, I could tell he was about to do something.

JJ and I weren't included or clued in on his little scheme. As we finished our starters, Simon repeated the question a little more urgently this time. "Truth or dare Jide?"

"Dare."

And that was a fatal moment. Simon's smirk grew bigger, Talia's eyes widened. The air grew thick as I awaited his next words.

"I dare you..."

Just say it you bastard, the nervousness grew in my chest.

"To kiss Kiara."

And that's when the panicked sweat started to develop, and before I could even comprehend what happened. I felt hot lips on my cheek, so soft, just barely gliding over my skin. Heat spread through my face, a shiver running down my spine as he breathed hotly and pulled away.

"You'll have to wait for a proper one little warrior." He smiled, subtly squeezing my hand. My fingers scorched, and my mind believed it wasn't real for a second, because as soon as it started, it was over.

He kissed me again.

Of course he kissed you, he loves you.

He loves me?

A/N: ALR ALR, I KNOW I TOOK AGES IM SO SORRY GUYS. BUT I GIVE YOU THIS. KITH. LITERALLY ;)