Heartless| 15

We were all sat in a circle on the floor, Simon tapped his pen on the carpet and Talia fiddled with the notepad. "So you guys are moving?"

"Yes" Simon, Josh and JJ chorused. I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, I noticed Josh barely coming home, and JJ always training, and Vik was already heading to a new apartment.

"How long until the move?" I fidgeted, an uneasy feeling diving at my chest. "Is it immediate? I can find a new apartment"

"We were already in the process of moving, just slowly. Now we're getting the rest done" Simon answered, "so, a few weeks and we'll be gone"

I'd be able to find somewhere, I mean I had to. Being on the streets in early October wouldn't be ideal.

"Do you have enough money to buy a new place?" Talia asked concerned, her hair fell in her face as she looked at me, it seemed she only cared for me in that moment. "You could stay with me for a while if needed"

"I appreciate it, but my Dad left a lot of money behind when he died" I told them, realising straight after they had no idea about my other parent.

"Sorry for your loss" JJ spoke first, patting my knee sympathetically, which made my heart spike, how long could I deny it now?

I simply sent a smile, because it wasn't okay, it wouldn't ever be okay as such. Dad was gone, the traces of him he left behind will never make me feel okay. "I really hope you guys find great places to live"

"Are you going somewhere?" Simon asked, his forehead creases becoming apparent. "We didn't mean to upset you"

"Don't be silly" I chuckled, stumbling over the carpet after I abruptly stood, reaching to ruffle his silver hair. "I just fancy a trip to the gym, and to look for a job, I can't live off Dad's money forever"

The last statement was false, Dad was a high paid director. Instead of telling me bed time stories, he'd vaguely describe the films he was working on, magical lands and scary forests.

"I'll meet you at the gym in an hour" JJ informed with a yawn, "don't ditch me straight away" he giggled while stretching, his black t-shirt rising up ever so slightly.

"Do you need money for a taxi?" Talia reminded me that I didn't have much, luckily around £120 was hidden in multiple places in my apartment. The rest was unfortunately stolen, by, you know who.

"No, I've got it this time thank you" I walked away with a wave, sliding across the marble floor and near the coat hanger. I plopped my grey coat on, fumbling with the zip and then throwing on some white and charcoal black trainers.

"See you in a bit guys!"

How about you just left forever?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - /

The gym wasn't overly crowded, in fact, the corner I went into was close to silent. As normal, I wrapped my own hands, situated my gloves and started pounding at the bag.

All the aggression from the family betrayal, from the thoughts of Dad being dead, to my friends moving out, and even my developing feelings for a certain 'sideman' just came out. Hot, red anger sinked into me, until all I could feel was my clenched jaw wanting to scream, and my body straining in protest against the swings.

"Why are you here?" The voice was recognisable, that same woman from before, with the lovely straightened red hair and green eyes.

"I'm training." I sighed, taking a break from boxing. I massage my hands tenderly, "Is it really necessary to bother me?"

"It's necessary if I think you're a safety risk" she responded, finally coming in my field of view. A black sports bra and grey sweatpants, her hair was in a bun, but alas she stilled looked as gorgeous as always.