Abandoned| 19

WARNING: ABUSE AND EMOTIONAL SCENES

The first thing I noticed when I clambered out the car was the silence. The second thing I noticed was that security weren't hurt, but seemed on high alert. My suspicion rose, I heard her walking on the pebbled pathway, I heard her sway into the bushes. Was she just trying to scare me?

I backed up into the hedge, feeling the green bristles dig into me. I took a breath, deciding to move farther away and get on call with the sidemen, to say everything was okay.

But as I turned a corner, of course, I was manhandled. Petite fingers with sharp nails wrapped around my neck and I fell to the concrete floor. The police were still on their way, and they were bringing an ambulance as precaution. My mother didn't know that.

I sluggishly got up on my knees, facing towards her, and she kicked me in the chest, making me flung back down. Holy shit. The pain was searing, fire in my chest to put it shortly. I had an instinctive feeling that my ribs weren't far from being broken.

"You..." I couldn't even get the words out before she gripped me by the hair, bringing light to my face, that she was about to bruise.

"Go on. What am I sweetheart?" Her fist drew back in slow motion, I felt the lump in my throat develop, my mother was about to hit me. She'd tripped me up once, but never did further than that after Dad was ready to leave with me. She loved him, she hated me. My mental issues worried Dad a lot, and the fact he died on my birthday, it never sat right with her.

As I felt the blow to my face, all I thought about was Dad. It's June. 5 months until I mourn for the third year. Mum wasn't always this bad, it was after I moved out that she had more time to think, more time to grieve and find something to blame it on. Bailey just followed in her footsteps.

I didn't have the highest pain tolerance, so the punch was almost unbearable. I didn't scream, but tears soon arose, and fled down my cheeks.

You deserve it

I hope she stops you breathing

Please, not now, please.

"You." I spat some blood, she went right for my lips. "Are disgusting. I'm your own daughter, it's not my fault you've chosen to blame me!" I yelled. Finally scrambling up and pushing her.

"You killed him!" She shrieked. Her black hair becoming mangled as she went to tear at it, her brown eyes filled with loathing. "He went out that night because of you! And look how that ended up. A knife in his chest."

"He walked out that door on his own!" I cried, "I didn't force him. I..I never would've let him if I knew." I pleaded with her with my body language. Not trying to go for her, just trying to explain. "I wouldn't want to send my Dad to his grave."

"He doesn't even have a grave!" She slapped me. "He left most of his money to you, we couldn't afford a grave! I was too busy trying to feed me and Bailey." She was insinuating that I didn't want him to rest peacefully. But I did, I got him his own grave, but she didn't know that. This was my first time talking to her in years, well, it wasn't much talking,

"Bailey was too busy blowing her money on drugs." I puffed, recovering from the painful slap. "I got him a headstone, and you would've known that if you talked to me!"

"How dare you." She sneered viciously, lunging for my sides so she could squeeze them tight. She was trying to fucking break my ribs, I wriggled out of her grip and put my hands out in front of me as a warning. "Bailey would never do drugs."

"Have you seen her boyfriend?! When she first got with him she complained that he was high most of the time." I rolled my eyes, this woman, she was, so so delusional.

"Bailey doesn't have a boyfriend."

"So she hid that from you too!" I laughed and threw my hands up. "You don't know anything about your kids. You think one's deranged just because she has mental issues and you think the other one is an angel even when she sneaks out to snort crack with her drug dealer boyfriend." I was exasperated.

The police had to be here soon right? I was adding fuel to the flame on purpose, so she'd go to court or prison or whatever. She'd already been on the inside for attempted murder.

Her chest puffed out, and her fists clenched (which were stained with my crimson blood). "I am a good mother."

"No. You were only a half decent one when Dad was being the perfect Father." And with that, she lost it. And my life flashed before my eyes.

She drew something out of her pocket, I caught the glimmer of it out of the corner of my eye. A knife. The nerve of this woman. I stayed silent...police, please show now. Shit, was I actually about to get stabbed. I know she would snap out of it if I shook her and yelled 'WTF ARE YOU DOING!?!'

But in my head it was for the best.

Stab me. Do it.

Do it.

She stepped forward with her heels.

Do it.

She brought the knife higher.

Do it.

And that moment, I swear I was about to have my first and last meeting with death.

And the knife dived into my stomach, she twisted it. All I could process was. Pain. Pain. Pain. I screamed until my mouth hurt, mum pulled the knife out, and I saw the realisation wash over her face. And I saw the blood spill over me and the concrete.

And then I saw the flashing lights.

You did good Kiara. Close your eyes.

"Miss!" I was shook, "we need you to try and stay awake." A rag was applied to my stomach, the pressure on it was excruciating.

"Please, STOP. IT HURTS!" My face scrunched up, my legs started to kick and my body started to spaz. I whispered to one of them, "I'm so scared, it hurts. It hurts really bad." I sobbed harshly in the paramedics arms, the blood wouldn't stop coming.

I distantly saw the police grab my mum, who looked horrified at me and the blood on the knife. Everything was so blurry. Coherent thoughts started to fade.

I gazed up as they lifted me up onto the stretcher and into the ambulance. I begged the person to my left, "I don't want to die this way, please." My voice was ghastly, I was so cold. No no no. No.

The paramedic to my right took my phone out of my pocket and asked me who I'd like to call.

Aiden would be with everyone wouldn't he?

"A-Aiden."

The ringing resonated through the vehicle, and he picked up immediately. "Kiara? Are you okay?"

It was all starting to get hazy. And the voices around me raised in alarm. "Patient is losing consciousness, we need a blood transfusion as soon as...."

Black. Just black.