Friends With Benefits~ k. bokuto

So, as most of you probably don't know, today is the last week of aromantic awareness week. It is celebrated from February 21st-27. The week is meant to bring awareness to the aspec community, a part of the "A' in LGBTQIA+. 

The definition of aromantic is one who experiences little to no romantic attraction. I am one of those. Ever since coming out as aromantic, I have received tons of negative backlash, from being dismissed, being told that I just need to meet the one, being called a narcissist, a psychopath, and even being told that I need to admit myself to a mental hospital and get "Fixed" because I'm insane due to the fact that I'm unable to experience romantic attraction. So, in honor of Aro week and just because I wanna see some representation.

^^^ that was supposed to be posted on February 2nd, but I was really busy. sorry guys.

Both Bokuto and Y/n will be aromantic, but in a friends with benefits relationship. I know it's canon that Bokuto likes romance, but just for the one-shot, ok? :)

Bokuto

I sat up in bed and placed a hand on my head, hungover. I ran the fingers of my other hand through my hair, trying to remember the events of last night. 

I turned over to get of bed when a hand was placed on my thigh.

"Morning, Kou. Sleep well?"

I smiled.

"Yeah, I did. What about you?"

They chuckled.

"I was so worn out, I fell asleep immediately. Also, I may have problems walking today. Thanks a lot."

I turned over and tackled them in a hug.

"That's good. Or else we'd have to go for another three rounds. Could your body even handle that?"

"Oh god no. I'm literally about to die. Do you want me dead?"

I chuckled and kissed their neck, keeping them wrapped in my arms.

"Hmmmmm, maybe. Then you wouldn't annoy me anymore. I could finally have a minute to myself."

They slapped my playfully.

"You're an ass, Koutaro. You're lucky I like you."

I let them go from my arms and brushed away a piece of hair from their forehead.

"Well, I love you. No romo of course."

Y/n smiled. 

"I love you too. Platonically."

I left them laying on the bed and went into the bathroom to shower. And after practice yesterday and last night, I definitely needed one. 

I turned the water to the hottest setting  and let the water pelt my skin. It felt nice. The water always did. 

I never used to like super hot showers. But then when Y/n and I did shower sex, they needed the water to be super hot, and I just adapted. And now it was my norm.

Y/n was my norm.

I loved them deeply, and nothing would ever change that. Not in a romantic way of course, but more of a sexual yet platonic best friend way. And they had confided in me that they had felt the same. 

We had gotten engaged 6 months ago, but we lived separately, planning to move in together after the wedding. 

If there had ever been someone I wanted to commit myself to, it was y/n. 

And that's how I wanted it to be. Forever.

Just me and y/n.