| 13 |

I kicked the door three times with my foot, patiently waiting for an answer that never came. I had finally finished accompanying him to the office, so now I could work normally again. With my oh so beloved tray in my hand.

"Mr. Park?" I called out and kicked the door once more.

"What is it?" his voice snapped from the other side. That was a new reply.

"Your evening tea," I called back out, "would you not want it today mr. Park?"

"Come in," his voiced sighed.

I carefully opened the door and walked inside and placed the mug down on his desk, preparing his tea for him like I usually do.

"Lets have a talk miss Jung," Sunghoon spoke and I looked over to see him having straightened up in his chair as he looked at me, "please sit down," he gestured to the chair across from him.

I silently nodded and sat down with the tray in my lap, before he just squinted his eyes at me and folded his hands under his chin. Almost as if he was inspecting me or something. And to be honest I don't see what he found so interesting about my appearance all of a sudden.

"You use glasses?" he started of and I quickly lifted my hand to push my specs up a bit, quite shocked that it was the first thing he had noticed.

"I ran out of contact lenses," I nodded at him.

"Is that so?" he questioned and picked up a pen, "what's your strength... in your glasses?"

"I don't see why that is relevant mr. Park," I shook my head at him.

"I'm ordering some contacts for you. They'll make your job easier. Glasses will steam up and get dirty whenever you're working," he stated and clicked his pen, "now your strength."

"I'll go get some myself," I stated, "I know a place I can go when work hours are over."

"I've never heard of a place that sells contact lenses so late," he commented and I just shrugged.

"They're fairly cheap and they work, so they'll do," I excused, "no need to get them for me."

"If you insist miss Jung," he nodded and clicked his pen once more and placed it down in it's place, where he had taken it from.

"Am I dismissed then?" I questioned him and he shook his head.

"As far as I've calculated you have about a month left until you've earned the money you've needed," he stated and I frowned, "I doubled your salary again."

Damn he just cuts and doubles my salary whenever he just feels like it.

"But before I can let you resign I have some questions for you," he stated and I nodded, "how did you know how to speak with mr. Dupont?"

"It was just French sir," I stated.

"It's rare you come across someone who can speak French in this country, how did you learn it?" he frowned.

"My mom," I calmly replied, "she used to live in France before moving in with my dad."

"Hm, I see," he hummed with a small nod, "what are you gonna do when you resign?"

"Pardon?" I questioned in shock. Mostly because it hadn't even hit me that I would have a life after finishing working here. It already felt like I had been here for years.

"When you've earned the money you need. What will you do then?" he questioned and a small frown grew on my face.

"I must admit I haven't thought that far yet sir," I shook my head at him, "but I can assure you I won't be working here for longer than needed."

"I want you to work here for longer," he stated and I blinked a few times in confussion.

"Y-you want me to continue working here?" I questioned in shock.

"I do," he nodded at me, "I've come to find your pressence filling in the house. Beforehand it was very empty."

"Oh," I realized and looked down at his desk, trying to contain my blush.

Why am I even blushing? It's not like he said something sweet to me. Well... considering his usual behaviour that might just be the sweetest thing he had said to me... while sober.

Still I shouldn't be blushing, I hate him... at least dislike him in some way.

"But for you to stay I need to figure out one last thing," he stated and I looked back up at him, "why have you suddenly turned so polite? You're not biting back whenever I say anything... you even let me insult as much as I'd like for the past few days."

"It should be professional, don't you think, sir?" I questioned him, "by creating a professional bond, I ensure that you don't think it's proper for you to treat me however you'd like and just walk into the room you've provided me with, whenever you want."

"Why would you want to create a professional bond over defending yourself towards my insults?" he questioned me with a frown.

"Because I'm just a stupid maid that should know her place, after all," I recalled his words as he just frowned at me.

"Who told you that?" he questioned.

"You did... sir," I calmly replied, "multiple times. Now, I believe the time has come for me to go down and make your dinner. Do you want it served here or in the greenhouse?"

"I'd prefer the dining room today," he stated and I looked at him in shock, "I have to ensure it looks nice enough for the meeting I have on the 20th," he stated making me slowly nod, I must've forgotten he had informed me about that meeting, "I must've forgotten to tell you. I'll have a meeting with a few business men here at the house. Saturday. We'll be dining together whilst talking over business."

"I'd be making a good dinner," I nodded at him as I stood up, "any preferences sir?"

"I trust you with this one," he shook his head at me, "and I expect you to stay for the whole meeting. You're first allowed to leave a room once my glass is empty, and I expect you to empty my glass if there's anything in it once you will return to the dining room."

"As with mr. Kwon?" I questioned him and he hummed.

"Mr. Kwon will be in attendance," he stated and I frowned at him, "it was an attempt not a direct action. I can't cut the ties with his company just yet, I need some of their resources before I can cut the contract."

"You're not easily scared mr. Park," I commented in shock as he just shook his head.

"Wear the nice clothes for the dinner," he reminded and I nodded at him before standing up and moving over towards the door out of the office, "and miss Jung?"

"Yes?" I questioned as my hand fell on the doorknob, "what is it mr. Park?"

"Did I scare you at the meeting you attended with me?" he questioned.

"I'm not scared of you, sir, no," I shook my head at him.

"Good."