| 2.24 |

Keeping my eyes on the document in front of me I desperately tried to finish going through it so I could go home sooner than later. I kept glancing between the notes mr. Lee had scribbled down for me in his last meeting, meanwhile I was trying to convert it into the coument to be easier to look down over and oragnize.

The obnoxious ringing of my phone immediately went off and I let out a small sigh before grabbing the phone and forcing my worker voice on.

"Miss Jung, someone wants to talk to you at the front desk," the lady down in the lobby spoke before I even got the chance to say anything to her.

"I'll be down in about.... hmm... I think ten minutes, tell them to wait," I stated and she simply hummed in return.

"I'll pass it on," she assured and I quietly thanked her before place the phone back down once again.

My fingers immediately began working faster on the keyboard as words appeared on the screen at an impressive speed. I would say that within seven minutes I had finished writing everything down and just needed to send the document to mr. Lee.

While the document was uploading to the mail platform I got ready to go home. Pulling on my coat before grabbing my bag and checking the status of the mail. Seeing the document uploaded I quickly sent off the mail before locking down my small station. 

I rushed to the elevator and used my worker card to be able to press a floor. I impatiently tapped my foot on the ground as the elevator began moving, picking up a few other workers on the way down to the ground floor, on which I apparently had a visitor.

I would've thought maybe it was Sunghoon stopping by or coming to pick me up from work, but I highly doubted it. Not that I didn't think he would do it, I just had a feeling it wasn't him today.

On the ground floor I flooded out with the rest of the people in the elevator, a familiar face immediately standing up from one of the chairs in the front lobby. I frowned at Jake as he rushed up to me, leaving a bag behind him by the chairs.

"Good day?" Jake questioned with a small smile as he guided me back towards the chairs.

"Exhausting day," I stated letting out a small huff as he simply let out a small laugh.

"Tell me about it," he remarked as he sat down in his chair again, gesturing for me to sit down across from him, "look, I'm sorry if this is an inconvenience for you, for me to be here. But I needed to... I needed to know if you knew."

"It's fine Jake, I don't mind," I assured him with a small shake of the head, "I could get worse visitors anyway."

"Yeah, I think you might not appreciate my visit after this," Jake shook his head, making my smile falter, "how's Sunghoon been?"

"Well... I suppose he's been doing fine, it always seems like that at home and he hasn't led me to believe anything else," I shrugged as I leaned back in the chair and thought about it, a small frown eventually growing on my face, "or well... he has some days where he comes home really late, but office hours I suppose it is."

Jake let out a small sigh before rubbing his face in his hands, muttering a small complaint to himself.

"Look... I don't know what's happening for him Sieun, I can only show you what I see," Jake sighed and I quietly nodded as he folded his hands under his chin, "I've been helping him clean his office today, and he told me to get rid of some things... I thought you should see it first though."

Jake silently grabbed the back beside him and lifting it over in front of me. As the bag moved it made clinking noises and I already felt myself getting sick at the idea.

"This is just for the past week, it was a little smaller the week before," Jake stated as I hesitantly opened the bag and looked down at a wide variety of different bottles. I immediately closed my eyes tightly before dropping my head down, "if he's keeping this from you I highly suggest you talk about it... he knows he shouldn't be doing it, but he will not listen to me when I tell him to stop. His only chance of actually stopping himself is laying with you."

"He promised me, Jake," I whispered as I looked down at the bottles, "and I fucking believed him," I snorted before leaning back in my chair, biting down on the nail of my thumb, "if he can't keep that one promise which ones has he then also broken?"

"I believe it's only this one Sieun," Jake shook his head and pointed to the bag that only gave me a headache to think about, "he loves you too much to break any promises that has anything to do with you."

"Then why won't he ask me for help instead?" I questioned, making Jake go silent as he realized it himself. 

"I don't know," he admitted and dropped his head down, rubbing a hand over his mouth, "I just... look I care for Sunghoon, but he won't listen to me. He loves you, and if he won't listen to you then... I don't think he can stop without professional help. He'll have to go to rehab."

"Thank you," I murmured, making Jake immediately looked up at me, "for showing me... I thought he was seeing someone else."

"That will never be a possibility for Sunghoon," Jake shook his head to which I quietly hummed and looked down at the bag.

"Can I take this with me home?" I questioned and Jake just nodded as I stood up and threw the bag of bottles over my shoulder, "I'll make sure he doesn't fire you because of this."

"Don't think about it," Jake shook his head at me, "I'd rather have you know the truth than I work and you know nothing."

"Tell Narae I said hi," I spoke softly, to which Jake simply nodded.

"I will," he hummed.

"I'll see you Jake."

"See you, Sieun."

I let out a small sigh before walking outside into the cold air, trying to ignore the clinking in the bag Jake had given me as I walked down the street and down towards home. 

At least the new house wasn't too far away for me to walk back and forth everyday. Now my biggest problem was just to try and confront Sunghoon about the evidence in the bag.