| 23 |

"Miss Jung?" a knock echoed on my open door, making me look over from the dress, that I had hung up on top of the closet in the room, "I don't remember how to tie my tie," Sunghoon sheepishly excused as he stood with a light blue tie around his neck.

"Light blue?" I commented and he nodded at me, "that's a change from the black one."

"It goes well with your skin," he excused with a shrug making me hesitate as I reached out for his tie, "what? Are you shocked I considered that?"

"For someone who chooses such hideous carpets, it surprises me that you can even think of light blue going well with my skin tone," I retorted and grabbed onto the ends of his tie and adjusted them, "look what I am doing."

"Okay," he hummed and looked down at the tie in my hands.

"Broad end over the small end. Wrap around. Pull through," I continued to show him the steps individually, "and tug it in," I stated and tightened the tie a bit before bending his collar down over it and flattening it down, "there. Did you understand?" I questioned and looked up at him, he was just staring at me, "did you watch any of the steps?"

"Technically I did," he stated.

"Yah! You weren't supposed to be staring at me," I defended and hit his shoulder softly, "you were supposed to look what I was doing."

"I'll learn it another day," he waved it off, "you're not resigning before I've learned to tie a tie."

"Keep on pushing out that resigning date," I muttered and walked over to  pull the dress down from the hanger it was hanging on, before laying it down on the bed.

"Is it the right size?" he questioned as he shoved the hands into his pockets.

"Hm," I hummed and checked the small label at the back of the dress, "one size off."

"Too little or too big?" he questioned.

"Big," I simply stated, "but it will do. It's fine, I don't feel that well with showing my body shape off as much as it otherwise would've done."

"Very well," he nodded at me, "remember to pick up the files in my office before we go."

"Will do mr. Park," I nodded at him.

"I'll leave you to get ready," he stated and closed the door after him.

I slowly began getting ready. I let my hair hang loosely, just brushing against my shoulderblades. The black dress had thin straps, and hugged my body over my torso and down to my hips, where it just hung straight down to my knees, with a slit halfway up my right thigh. It looked quite normal, but the cut and the slit made it look a tad bit more suitable for the event. I carefully zipped the dress up under my right arm before slipping into my heels and carefully strapped my ankles into them, securing them completely. I was never much for makeup, so it was just a lipbalm and some mascara for the night.

I checked the time as I had finished. About seven minutes until I had to sit down in the car. I checked myself in the mirror one last time as I hung the necklace, with the key to the alcohol cabinet, around my neck. After finishing getting ready I walked down to the office and picked up the four files I had sorted out the other day. One for the CEO of JP Enterprise, one for secetary Shim, one for mr. Kim of BH company and lastly one for whoever was holding the launching event. I don't remember the name.

I checked that all the papers was in the files before humming in satisfaction and walked downstairs. I tugged the files under one of my arms as I got out the keys for the door.

"Mr. Park we have to sit in the car in two minutes!" I called out into the house, hoping my voice would reach him.

"Quit bossing me around miss Jung," Sunghoon gushed as he rushed towards the stairs whilst pulling on his blazer.

"They wouldn't want you to be late," I excused and got the keys ready for him, extending them towards him.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," he sighed before stopping in front of me and grabbing the keys before pausing.

"What?" I questioned as he just stared at me.

"You look a tad bit better than usual, well done miss Jung," he stated as he simply shook his head.

"Thank you mr. Park. You look as you usually do," I stated and stepped out of the door.

"Absolutely dashing!" he exclaimed after me as I walked down the steps and over towards the car.

"Whatever you like to believe," I hummed at him.

"I want you on the backseat miss Jung!" he called out just as I had opened the door to the front seat.

I let out a small sigh before simply closing the door again and getting into the backseat with the files in my lap. I patiently waited for Sunghoon to get in on the other side and once he did the driver started the car and began driving the way to the venue.

"When we arrive, there should be four people waiting for us. I expect you to be able to hand out the files correctly," Sunghoon spoke and buttoned the cuffs on his shirt.

"Of course mr. Park," I nodded at him and looked at the four files in my lap.

"Don't let anyone get too close to you, a lot of people will find it unbelieveable that I have a maid, let alone actually brought someone," Sunghoon stated and I looked over at him with an arched brow, "people might want to question you about me, and I don't need anyone knowing that I took care of you when you fainted."

"No one will know mr. Park. I don't want people to know that I don't hate you completely," I assured him with a hum.

"Don't hate me completely?" he squinted his eyes at me.

"I just dislike you enough to actually say that I dislike you," I nodded at him, making him let out a small huff at me.

As the car stopped I carefully stepped out of the car and thanked the driver, even after Sunghoon had slammed the door close.

"Hurry up miss Jung, we don't have all night," Sunghoon stated as he buttoned the middle button on his blazer.

"Of course," I hummed and rushed up to him where he stepped into the venue, me following right after him and straight up to four people.

"Actually miss Jung, you can just hand the files to secretary Shim, he can take care of it from here," Sunghoon stated and looked at the first man who stood waiting.

He was smaller than Sunghoon, but a small bit broader. About equally as handsome and with dark brown hair.

"You really weren't kidding when you said you got a maid," secretary Shim commented as I handed him the files.

"Don't get any good ideas Jake, she's just an insignificant maid," Sunghoon stated and I glanced up at him.

"Insignificant and insignificant. I don't know. She's quite pretty," Jake winked at me making me softly smile and take a step back before looking up to Sunghoon.

"Miss Jung, go fetch a glass of champagne for me, I have to have a word with secretary Shim," Sunghoon coldly stated.

"Of course," I nodded at him before beginning to walk away.

"And get a glass for yourself too!" he called out.

"I'm not allowed to drink sir," I reminded him as I stopped walking and looked back at him.

"They don't check, and you won't get hurt from one glass," he stated and I simply hummed.

I continued further into the venue and immediately saw a server walking around with a tray of champagne glasses. I quickly walked up towards him and he realized I was heading for him, fast enough. He calmly turned and I reached out to grab two glasses. Maybe one couldn't hurt that much.

"Thank you."