| 2.18 |

A week of me working as a secretary at the architect company had really given me some time to reevaluate things. I don't really know what it was or what had gotten into me, but there was something about the last week that had been like an euphoria for me.

The way Sunghoon had begun making tea for me in the morning before we went off for work, or how he always seemed to impatiently wait at the front door for me when I got home only to greet me, might've been what had made me start thinking. 

So now that weekend had rolled around and both Sunghoon and I were home I haded decided to bring him lunch down in the greenhouse. I carefully pushed the door open with my shoulder as I carried my old pal, the tray, in my hands.

"Oooh that smells nice," Sunghoon's voice cooed out as I walked down towards his form, which was bent over all of his papers, "what in the world have you made for lunch?"

Sunghoon looked up and carefully pushed up his specs as his eyes wandered straight to the tray I carefully placed down beside his papers.

"Mmmh, looks good too," he commented and grabbed his plate and glass of water.

"Sunghoon... I've been thinking," I spoke and he just hummed, already having his mouth full of food, "did you force it during the week?"

"Force what?" he questioned in confusion after having swallowed his food.

"The morning teas... waiting for me when I get home-" I started and he quickly cut me off once again.

"I thought you liked the morning teas," he softly spoke and I immediately nodded.

"I do, I just... I can't figure out if you're having some secret agenda behind it or if you just..." I sighed as I trailed off and rubbed my face in my hands.

"Sieun... why would I have a secret agenda behind it?" he carefully questioned as he grabbed my wrists and removed my hands from my face, "it's genuine... all of it. A cup of tea in the morning is the least I could do, honestly. How many times haven't you taken care of me before I had to go for work, isn't it only right I do the same for you?"

"But you're waiting for me when I get home," I reminded him and he let out a small laugh at me.

"Sieun, is it wrong that I'm excited about seeing you after a long day?" he questioned in disbelief, "why are you asking about all of this?"

"Because... I..." I trailed off as I quietly tapped my hands on the table, "I want to buy the house," I admitted as I looked up at him and a small smile spread on his face, "if I'm ever gonna be ready for that step, then it's now."

"And you needed to ask me if my actions were genuine because you're still scared of the past," he stated and I quietly nodded, "and I can tell you that right now I'm more genuine than I ever have been in the past three years towards you... so let's buy that house, move in next week if possible and then we're gonna have to wait and see if it'll work out."

"And uhm... I want to move into the bedroom as well," I stated only making a wide smile spread on his face as he raised both his eyebrows at me, "yeah... I trust you."

"Which house?" he questioned as he immediately leaned over the table looking at me with big eyes.

"The one with the big backyard," I grinned making him immediately look happier than I ever had seen him, "you liked that one, didn't you?"

"I loved it," he nodded happily before grabbing my plate and placing it in front of me.

"Then I think that's the one we should get."

"I'll call the agency tonight."

A small silence fell over Sunghoon and I as we both tended to our lunch. Once in a while we would steal glances at one another, often locking eyes before immediately looking away. I ended up being the first one of us who couldn't take it.

The umpteenth time we caught each other's eyes I let out a small laugh of happiness as I hid my face in my hands. I could hear a chuckle from Sunghoon before I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders from behind me.

"Do I make you shy?" he quietly whispered as I let out a small whine and softly whacked his arm, "do I have an effect on you missy?"

"Stop!" I loudly complained at him as I dropped my hands into my lap.

"Is it because you're so excited to move into a smaller house together?" he questioned, "or maybe the thought of cuddling into my side as you sleep? Hm? What is it?"

"Sunghoon stop!" I yelled out and he let out a small laugh before pressing a kiss right to my cheek before letting me go and walking back to sit across from me, "oh my god, my cheeks," I sighed as I gabbed my cheeks in my hands.

"You're burning up," he stated and I just patted my cheeks softly in an attempt to make them stop being so burning red.

"Ugh this is terrible, I'm gonna end up getting a migraine from this," I sighed and patted my cheeks softly.

"Nah... this is exciting," he reminded and sent me a knowing glance, "I can't until you fall asleep in my embrace once again," he remarked, "I liked it that night before we went to go look for houses. It felt nice just holding you like that... all warm, clingy, protected."

"Oh yeah and I'm a blushy mess, now what are you?" I questioned in amusement, "a little simp I suppose?"

"Narae taught you that," he pointed out.

"But it's true," I defended as he let out a small laugh while shaking his head, "it is. Listen to you, oh I just can't wait for you to cuddle up to me, all warm and clingy and cute," I mimicked.

"Hey, hey, I didn't say you were cute," he defended and pointed a finger at me.

"You thought it!" I exclaimed before letting out a small laugh, which only resulted in a bright laughter leaving him as well.

"I just really... I really like feeling like I'm finally protecting you instead of hurting you more," he excused as his laughter calmed down.

I hummed as I cocked my head to the side and just looked at him. Taking him in fully as I stared at his features, straight at his personality, just him.

"Hoon?" I called out and he hummed as he immediately looked over at me, "I'm in love with you."

I watched as a wide grin spread on his face and he just let out a small excited laugh before reaching out, grabbing my hand and pressing his lips softly against the back of it. Giving me his reply in actions instead of words. I guess he didn't trust his words enough to be let out of his mouth.