| 33 |

"Miss Jung," the horrid voice of Nari spoke from the door to the kitchen as I was preparing the food for the engagement party.

"Yes? Miss Nari?" I questioned as I turned my head to her and wiped my hands off in my apron, "how may I help you this morning?"

"Is Sunghoon out in the tent?" she questioned, referring to the white gazebo tent that had been put up out in the backyard for today.

"I believe he was in his room when I served him his breakfast," I shook my head at her before turning back to the food once again.

"And what a good breakfast it was," Sunghoon commented as he passed Nari and politely bowed his head at her, "the tray miss Jung?"

"Just put it beside the sink," I excused and he nodded before placing the tray there, "need help with your tie today sir?"

"I think I'll go without tie," he shook his head before looking to Nari, "after all it is not so important and fancy, is it?"

With a self-satisfied smile Sunghoon walked out of the room again, past Nari who just stood completely gobsmacked at Sunghoon having the audacity to say today wasn't that important to him. All I could do was bite back and laugh and shake my head.

"An odd one, isn't he?" I questioned Nari, who just let out a small huff before walking off again.

I continued to stand and prepare the food as I could hear more and more voices out in the garden, meaning more and more guests was arriving. Once again I was pulled out of my own little world as I finished arranging the platers with small finger foods.

"I was told to go help a certain miss Jung," a warm voice spoke from the door making me look over to a warm smile I've only seen once before.

"Nice to see you again secretary Shim," I commented with a small smile as he stepped into the kitchen and folded up the sleeves of his white shirt.

"Just continue to call me Jake," he shook his head at me and placed himself on the other side of the kitchen counter, "got sent in here due to the chaos out there."

"Chaos?" I questioned him and he nodded as he picked up two of the four platters I had prepared.

"Nari began freaking out because Sunghoon apparently had told her to calm down and that today wasn't as fancy and important as she made it out to be," Jake excused before his eyes widened, "don't tell him I called him Sunghoon."

"Don't worry, I won't," I assured him with a small laugh, "but who would've thought? Nari making a spectacle... no!"

"Yeah..." Jake let out a small laugh in agreement, "horrid girl. But I was sent in to get the food, in hopes that it would calm everything down."

"Food is always the answer," I let out a small laugh at him and he just nodded before we walked out to the gardens together, two platters each.

Once out by the gazebo I could hear Nari scream up about how Sunghoon is a jerk and won't give her the love and attention she needs. Meanwhile I could see Sunghoon standing to the side of the gazebo with his hands in his pockets, looking awfully calm.

"See what I meant?" Jake questioned and I just nodded at him as we walked in and placed the platters down on the table that had been set up for food.

"Absolute chaos," I nodded at him.

"And then he goes and shags some minor!" Nari exclaimed making it go dead silent in the tent as both Jake and I shared a glance before I looked over at Sunghoon who arched a brow at her.

"Now Nari... that is not true," Sunghoon calmly reasoned as he took a step forward towards her.

"Then what is?" Nari questioned as Jake and I just stood in silence and watched what was happening. Jake quietly reaching backwards and picking up one of the finger foods I had prepared, "is that ugly maid really better than me?" she questioned and pointed to me, making me immediately raise both my eyebrows as Sunghoon just looked over at me with an apologetic expression and Jake instead just looked like he was getting the best gossip of his life.

"Wait... for real? Have you two... you know?" he Jake quietly questioned.

"No of course not Jake, shut up," I hissed at him making him just shrug and hold both his hands in defense.

"I mean... cool enough if you did... he finally warmed up to someone," Jake excused as I just glared at him.

"Nari you need to calm down," Sunghoon spoke up making me look back at him as Nari just stood shooting daggers at me.

"No! Because I know you'll end up cheating as long as she works here," Nari insisted, "I want her gone and fired. I know what you two have done! I know what that slut is."

"We've done nothing Nari!" Sunghoon raised his voice, "you're right I'm in love with her and not you, but she sure as hell is not a slut. If anyone in this stupid engagement thingy is a slut then it is you."

"You tell them," Jake quietly commented beside me, making me simply glance at him.

"I'd much rather choose her over you, but I'm not changing anything before she agrees to it," Sunghoon stated as he just stared hard at Nari.

"I need to go," I muttered to Jake who just nodded at me.

I quietly looked up towards the house before just calmly turning my back to the gazebo and walking up to the house trying to keep my calm up until I was inside of the house. I did not even hesitate, I immediately kicked off my heels once inside the house and just rushed up to my room.