| 2.36 |

The moment we had stepped into the hospital in the morning a doctor had rushed up to us and shaken Sunghoon's hand, welcoming him.

"Let's get that tumour removed, alright?" the doctor smiled one of those tightly professional smiles before his eyes travelled to me, "I suppose you're his wife."

"I-" I started only to get cut off by Sunghoon, who squeezed my hand and sent the doctor a wide smile.

"She is, yes," Sunghoon confirmed as the doctor waved for us to follow him.

Walking a bit ahead of us and unable to hear us was the doctor as I looked up at Sunghoon with a confused look, clearly showing my confusion in him claiming me to be his wife. Even though it did make my heart tingle a bit.

"You weren't allowed to stay if we weren't married," he quietly whispered and excuse and I nodded as we turned into the doctor's office and was guided to sit down by the desk, across from the doctor himself.

"So, let me go over the basics," the doctor sighed as he looked through his papers, "we're gonna do a partial hepatectomy. Let me quickly clarify the surgery itself isn't fatal," the doctor stated and I hesitantly nodded as I reached over and grabbed Sunghoon's hand tightly in both of mine, "what we're gonna do is remove the part of the liver in which the tumour is located, no more, no less. We normally do this on livers that are perfectly healthy and completely fine, the case of mr. Park is a bit... abnormal for these surgeries. It's clear there is damage on certain parts of the liver, but we believe it is overall healthy enough for this to be followed through, mainly because the tumour still is so small. Now... the five year survival rate, the amount of people that's still alive after five years after the surgery ranges betweem 25% to 40% of all patients."

I quietly leaned back in my chair as I momentarily zoned out at the reveal of the long-term survival rates. I was not aware that they would be so low.

"Usually because the cancer returns to the liver, and more fiercely," the voice of the doctor had me tuning back in, "we don't expect that to happen in the case of mr. Park due to it being found in such early stages of the disease. Do you have any questions, mrs. Jung?"

"What side effects can I expect for him to have?" I calmly questioned and the doctor sucked in a deep breath.

"Worst case scenario is liver failure," he admitted and I quietly nodded once again, "there's also a chance of blood clots. But I think the one you should most likely expect if any is either infection in the scar tissue or a small case of pneumonia. We're positive we won't see mr. Park for a long time after he gets discharged."

"And how long will that be?" I questioned and began picking at my own fingers, while still holding onto Sunghoon's hand.

"Anywhere between five days and two weeks, depending on how quick his recovery is," the doctor stated to which I quietly nodded once again, "now... if you don't have any more questions I suggest we get mr. Park ready for his surgery. If you'll follow me."

I quietly got up along with Sunghoon and followed the doctor down to another room, this time a proper hospital room.

"Here," Sunghoon whispered and extended an opened envelope to me as we waited around for the doctor to get Sunghoon his hospital gown.

"What's this?" I questioned and he just snickered at me, much to my confusion.

"Just open it, okay?" he whispered and caressed my hair softly in time for the doctor to return to the room, taking Sunghoon with him to get changed into his hospital gown.

I watched as Sunghoon left the room before eventually carefully opening the envelope. I found two papers inside, one handwritten and one written on a computer. I opened the one written on a computer first, letting my eyes slide over the words on the paper.

Miss Jung Sieun

It is with pleasure we can offer you a fully-paid scholarship for our Architect Studies, with semester start in the Spring semester. 

You have been chosen to be recieving the President Scholarship for the studies, for acceptance of the scholarship please meet up at office 2-D on January 2nd at 12.25 for further agreement upon the acceptance of the Scholarship.

Best Regards

Korea University

For some reason it seemed that I didn't really understand what the letter said and I desperately looked up towards the door, which Sunghoon had disappeared through just moments before. Recalling the second letter in the envelope I quickly picked it up and opened it, immediately recognizing the handwriting as Sunghoon's.

I might've stolen your old Architect sketches and send them to a few universities. I know how badly you want to staudy architecture and I suppose... well, so far you've gotten accepted into all the universities I applied you for, but this one was the only one offering you a scholarship. I suppose Korea University was the most posh place to study if that had a meaning as well.

Please don't hate me too much, I love you

-Sunghoon

I smiled softly at the idea of Sunghoon having admitted me to all these universities just because he knew I wanted to study architecture. 

The door quietly creaked open as I just kept starring at the letters, not really paying attention as Sunghoon walked in and sat down on the hospital bed in the room, eventually letting his hand run through my hair.

"I'm not saying you have to accept the offer, I just wanted to... I know how badly you want it and I wanted you to go for it," Sunghoon excused as I just nodded, quickly pressing my fingers into the corners of my eyes to stop me from crying.

"I'm not supposed to be crying yet. I can wait for that while you're in surgery," I excused as I sucked in a deep breath and looked back up at Sunghoon, who just smiled softly down at me.