| 24 |

When I found Sunghoon again he stood talking with Nari, who carried a light blue dress. Very elegant, and very much matching Sunghoon's tie. I knew he was lying, but he could've at least told me the truth when it was so small.

"Mr. Park?" I spoke up and handed him his champagne before I realized Nari didn't have a glass either, "would you care for champagne miss Nari?"

"Okay then," she stated with a small smile and grabbed the glass I had extended to her before I stepped to the side and standing in the background of the conversation as I silently watched over the crowd.

"You didn't need a champagne miss Jung?" Sunghoon questioned and took a sip from his glass.

"I'm not allowed to drink yet sir," I shook my head up at him, making him arch a brow before turning back to Nari.

I let my head fall down to look at my feet, and I quickly shifted them around to stand more comfortably as I folded my hands in front of me.

"Miss Jung," a voice called out, not the usual cold voice but instead a much more warm and cheery voice. I looked up in shock to watch as secretary Shim rushed over to me with a wide smile, "you don't have a champagne on you."

"Oh, it's fine," I assured him and shook my head at the glass he was offering me, holding tightly onto his own half-drunken glass.

"I insist," he urged.

"Okay then," I sighed and took the glass into my hands before he stepped over and stood beside me as I carefully sipped of the champagne.

"Never drunken champagne before?" secretary Shim let out a small laugh from my side.

"I'm technically not supposed to drink," I excused and he raised his eyebrows at me, "I'm not allowed to drink on the job... and then I'm not old enough for it yet."

"You're a young maid then," he stated and I simply shrugged.

"I'm legal next year," I excused and looked straight ahead once more, "you don't happen to know what kind of launch this is?"

"I have no idea miss," he simply shook his head at me, "I was simply told by our boss to meet up at the venue."

"Looks like both of us won't be told then," I hummed at him making him let out a bright giggle.

I simply couldn't help but smile at the sound his laugh made. It was quite cute and happy, a thing I've only heard once since I started working for Sunghoon.

"Would you mind if I take you away from him a bit?" he questioned and nodded to Sunghoon.

"I was told I could do whatever I'd like after having handed over the files. I was simply forced along as a plus one," I nodded at him, "all yours... not literally."

"I get it," he assured me, "you simply just look uncomfortable in here. How about we go out in the gardens?"

"They have that here?" I questioned him and he nodded.

"Even a small pond," he stated.

"I'd love that," I nodded at him.

"Come along then," he urged and began walking.

I smiled before beginning to follow after him, before being stopped by a tug on my wrist. I quickly looked over at my shoulder, at Sunghoon who had grabbed my wrist and Nari who just had immediately shut her mouth.

"What is it mr. Park?" I questioned him.

"Where are you going?" he darkly questioned.

"Secretary Shim offered to take me out to the gardens. He sensed me feeling uncomfortable in here," I excused, "if you don't need anything I'm free to go."