| 2.34 |

Sunghoon had gone to another room to take the phonecall from the hospital about his medical exam, while I had begun cooking up dinner for us. He had finally agreed to try and eat something besides his ramen and omelettes, so I had spiced it up with the tteokbboki we bought together last time we went grocery shopping.

"Sieun?" Sunghoon softly called out and I hummed as I felt him place his hands on my waist, walking up to stand behind me, before leaning his chin down on my shoulder, "as amazing as it smells I have to go to the hospital."

"You do?" I questioned and raised my eyebrows while I just looked at what I was cooking.

"Mhm, they had to run a test on me to make sure they got the right result. Something that wasn't adding up or so," he excused and I just nodded before turning my head to look at him.

"I'll heat some food for you when you come home," I assured and puckered my lips out, immediately getting a small peck from him, "stay safe on your way back and forth, okay?"

"Of course," he assured and gave my waist a small squeeze before walking out towards the front hall, "I love you."

"Love you too!" I yelled back as I heard the front door open and close.

The house immediately fell quiet and I had to start the music once again to feel comfortable in the silence. Mom had always said it was like some small anxiety of mine that I had. Getting nervous everytime it was too quiet. I don't think so, I just guess I was too used to there always being noise.

I ate the dinner by myself while watching the news, nothing new, all boring, just another normal day. I was quite restless while waiting for Sunghoon to come back home again.

I spent most of time just laying around on the couch, from what I guess I probably fell asleep too. Seeing as Sunghoon was shaking my shoulder softly the next time I opened my eyes.

"You fell asleep?" he let out a small laugh at me and I just hummed, sitting up on the couch before rubbing my eyes.

"I'm gonna go heat some diner for you," I murmured and he let out a small chuckle as he watched me get up from the couch and rush into the kitchen to get out his dinner.

"Sieun... can we talk after you've heated it?" he questioned and I just nodded as I pulled my hair back before tying it up with a small hairtie.

"Don't we always talk?" I softly spoke with a smile, to which he just nodded before leaning on the kitchen counter, watching as I wandered about and prepared his dinner for him.

I quietly slid his plate over to him along with two chopsticks. I let out a small sigh before just leaning on the table, looking at him with expectation as I waited for him to tell me what he had to say.

"I think maybe we should sit down," he urged and rushed over to the dining table, sitting down.

I quietly hummed before following and sitting down across from him, where I usually sat. I pulled one foot up on my chair and hugged my knee close to me as I watched him push his food around on his plate.

"It's not good when reheated?" I questioned and he let out a small chuckle, while smiling.

"No, no. That's not it," he assured softly, "it's amazing, as usual. I'm just... turning my words in my head before I say them."

"You can just tell me, you know that. We agreed to be open with one another," I reminded him softly and he nodded before sighing.

"I uhm... they scheduled a surgery for me... December 25th," Sunghoon spoke and my face slowly faltered. I hesitantly nodded, to show him I had heard what he said, not necessarily that I had understood.

"Why?" I murmured and he gulped before leaning back in his chair and looking up towards the ceiling.

"They're gonna give me partial hepatectomy," he slowly spoke and I just nodded, "and uhm... that is... removering a cancerious tumour from my liver."

I immediately got a sick feeling at the pit of my stomach as my eyes directed to the table and I possibly went extremely pale from how quickly Sunghoon had moved over and kneeled down in front of me, to make sure I was looking at him.

"But it's alright," he quickly assured, "they said it was discovered so early that it is not of any danger," he whispered softly, "if they remove it on the 25th then it'll be like it never was there once I've recovered."

"Sunghoon..." I whispered and he immediately hummed, "you do get what it means right?" I whispered and he just blinked a few times, "you have cancer."

"I do, but it's so small that the survival rate is extremely high than if another month had passed," he softly assured, "and you know who's to thank for it being discovered so early?" he questioned and I stayed quiet, "you."

"Are you feeling alright?" I questioned him and he just nodded at me.

"The doctor said it was why I had been so tired and without an appetite lately," he assured and patted my knee softly, "he did, however, warn me that I could get a fever in at some point before the surgery."

I slowly slid down from my chair to sit on the floor in front of Sunghoon. He watched me with a funny look as I opened my arms and wrapped them around him, immediately bringing him into my embrace.

Sunghoon let out a deep sigh before wrapping his arms around me as well. He didn't say anything, neither did I. Instead I could hear his breathing get shaky, only resulting in me tightening my grip around him.

"Just another bump on the road, alright?" I whispered and he just nodded into my shoulder, "we'll do our small movie marathon on the 24th, and then... on the 25th I'm gonna go with you to the hospital, and I'm staying there until you get discharged... and when you get discharged I'll take care of you until you're better."

"I wanted you to take care of the company for me," he whispered as he shook his head.

"I think Jake will do absolutely terrific at that," I pointed out and he hummed, "I'd rather take care of you."

"Okay..." he whispered as I laid a hand on his nape, softly massaging right under his hairline.

"Just a small bump," I whispered, mostly to remind myself as I desperately tried to keep in my tears. This was all gonna be fine.