Chapter 13-

Arizona POV-
*beep beep beep beep beep*
The machine omitted a constant beep of a regular heart beat and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. I stepped away from the table leaving Erica room to close. The surgery had been rather awkward after yesterday's comments, however, I chose to put it all behind me and be the bigger person.

"You've got great hands Dr Hahn, what made you choose cardio?" I questioned somewhat trying to alleviate some of the awkward silence. Erica was telling me about her first triple bypass surgery when a nurse bust into the OR. "Dr Robbins, Sofia took a bit of a trip in the daycare, she's fine, just a little upset. But Dr Torres is in a limb reconstruction and Sofia is asking for you." My heart almost burst when I heard Sofia was asking for me. I loved her like she was my own child and it meant the world to me that she took comfort from me.
"Oh, I'll scrub out now and go up, we were just closing anyway." I ripped off my surgical gown and gloves before going up to the daycare. I could see Erica's face soured at the mention of Sofia, especially because the nurse had come looking for me instead of Callie but I didn't care, I just wanted to make sure my baby was ok.

"Hey my little sofie bug,  what seems to be the problem?" I took the crying little girl into my arms and gently stroked her hair as she explained to me how she fell over. "Aww but you've been so brave mija, come on how's about me and you go to the gallery to see mommy." I knew it was important to Callie to raise her children as bi lingual and secretary while I was in Africa I'd leaned Spanish so I was pretty much fluent now and alway made an effort to speak to Sofia in both Spanish and English.

I held Sofia, who clutched a bag on Cheerios, in my arms up to the gallery glass and gently tapped to get Callie's attention. The surgery was relatively quiet, it was just her and Jackson and a few scrub nurses so I knew she wouldn't mind. I walked to the intercom and spoke into it. "Hey mommy, look who's here."

"Hi mija, how come you're up here, Arizona I thought you had that transplant." She never took her eyes off the patient as she spoke.

"Yeh, the nurse came and got me as we were closing because Sofia took a little fall in day care and she was a bit upset so I thought I'd bring her here to see you. We're just going to sit here and watch mommy do her amazing work." I stood Sofia up on my knee so she could see Callie at work.

After a little while, Sofia tired of the gallery and began to fuss. I decided to take her down to peds as there was a few photos on the premature baby wall of her mark and Callie, from when she was born. "Come on, let's go see some pictures of baby Sofia, mommy and Daddy." I said as I bounced her on my hip.

I was ground to a halt when I saw my face had been blacked out in all of the photos I was in and the words "Arizona Robbins is DEAD!" were written on a post it note stuck to the wall. "Karev, KAREV" I shouted at Alex who was peacefully filling out his charts. "What the hell are you shouting about, you'll alarm the patients." He walked over to stand next to me. His face fell as he saw what I was looking at. "Here, take my baby while I take a picture and try to rub this marker off." I passed Sofia to Alex before taking a picture and rubbing the permanent marker with nail varnish remover which pretty much entirely removed the evidence.

"What are you going to do Arizona?" Alex questioned as he placed his hand on the small of my back. Something which I would have previously found quite strange but actually comforted me. "Well there's not really much I can do, I'm just going to be careful but go about my normal business, I'm sure everything will be fine." I pretended to be calm but inside I was freaking out. "And Alex please don't say anything to Callie if you see her today, I'm going to speak to her tonight but I don't want to make her worry while we're at work."

"I won't I promise, but please if you need anything and I mean anything page me. I'm here for you ok. Promise me you'll be careful and you'll find me the second you get scared." He gave me a hug and I promise I'd let him know where I was at all times.

The rest of my day went pretty smoothly, I had two surgeries, both with Alex and then rounded with him. He's been so kind to me all day. Skipping his lunch to scrub in on my surgeries and working late to round with me. I was so lucky to have a friend like him.

Callie and I had finished work relatively early today and so were able to feed and bath the kids together, which was a rare occurrence and something we both really appreciated. We'd been home for a few hours and I was sat at the table with Timmy and Sof patiently feeding them their dinner while Callie stood at the other end of the kitchen stirring a pot which contained pasta. I was washing the dishes when my phone buzzed. It was a text from an unknown number which read:

Once you're out of the way, I'll take your kids and your wife too.

I cleared my throat in shock and shifted my weight from one foot to the other not quite sure what to do next. "What's up, love?" Callie questioned leaving the stove and placing her hand on my shoulder. "Listen, I think you should sit down before I tell you this Callie." I said as we walked over the the table and sat down opposite each other.

I explained the whole story to Callie, who sat across the table from me in sheer disbelief at the events of my day. After about a minute she finally spoke. "Well I wasn't going to say anything but I also got a text from that same number while we were at work. It was a picture of you and Alex on the Peds wing with his arm wrapped around your waist and your head in his chest. With a text that said:

Once a cheater always a cheater, not so lesbianic now?

"Oh God Callie, I would never cheat on you again, please tell me you know that. God I'm so sorry Callie, I'm so sorry that they text you that." a tear rolled down my face as I spoke.

"Hey, Arizona. Do you honestly think I would have felt threatened by that text come on. Alex is like a brother to you there's no way you would ever go there, I know how much he means to you. You don't need to apologise for taking comfort in your friend. You've had a hard day and besides, if you had a bad dream it would be the image of a penis floating across your mind so please believe me when I say, I am not concerned."

I couldn't help but laugh at Callie's remark, I mean she was right. There was absolutely no way in hell I would go there with Karev or any man for that matter. The thought of a penis made me physically nauseous.

"Now listen, we're going to eat our food and put out beautiful babies to bed. Then we're going to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie before we go to bed and fall asleep in each others arms because we are at home and we are safe here okay. And then tomorrow as soon as we get to work we're going to go and see Bailey because I'm pretty sure we both have a good idea of who this could be." Callie stood behind me and spoke softly into my ear her arms snaked around my waist.

"Mhmm I love you Calliope." I moaned into her ear.
"And I love you too Arizona, more than I will ever be able to tell you." She whispered into my ear.