Independence Day

Gotham City; July 4th; 12:00 EDT

It was a beautiful day in Gotham City.

The sky was blue, birds were chirping and families were having a great time together, playing games and having picnic in the park.

Suddenly, little droplets of snow fall from the sky, and one by one, each of the people were frozen in ice prisons.

A man and his two kids look up to see the famous Ice Villain, Mr Freeze, standing on a cliff nearby, holding a giant freeze gun.

“Enjoying family time?” He asked sarcastically, then froze up the man and his kids.

“My family has other plans.”

Freeze slid down the cliff, aiming his gun at the helpless people.

But then, his gun his hit with a  Batarang.

“Batman.” Freeze started. “I was wondering when……”

He turns to find no one there.

A boyish cackle is heard, and then someone jumps over Freeze's head, landing in front of him.

The young hero, Robin, threw two more Birderangs at Freeze, cracking his helmet.

“Oh. Boy Wonder. The Bat sent you to drag me off to prison. Frankly, I'm underwhelmed.” Freeze said, aiming his gun at the Boy Wonder.

“Great, but I'm kinda in a hurry here.” Robin said, with impatience.

“Kids. Always in such a rush.” Freeze said, shaking his head.

“Not talking to you.” Robin says in a sing-song voice.

Freeze looks confused as Robin points behind him.

He turns, only to see Batman arrive with a flying punch to his face, breaking off the glass of his helmet.

Star City Main Bridge; July 4th; 9:01 PDT

Another Ice Villain, Icicle Junior, lands on a bridge, icing it and then creating a shell of ice, which knocks cars off balance, causing them to crash into each other.

He laughs maniacally but then arrows start raining down.

A green one hits his shoulder, blinking red, before blowing up. Another one hits him, pushing him backwards.

He shook his head, before looking up at the direction where the arrows were coming from to see Green Arrow and his partner Speedy standing on the bridge, their arrows nocked in their bows.

“Finally!” Icicle Junior growls. “I was wondering what a guy had to do to get a little attention around here.”

He raised his hand towards the archers, making it into a cannon, shooting icicles at the two.

The two archers begin releasing arrows with ease.

“Junior’s doing this for attention?” Speedy asks, surprised.

The ice Junior threw were deflected by their arrows, but then they hit the top of bridge they were standing, freezing it up, making the archers run down the suspenders.

“I’m telling you now. This little distraction better not interfere.”

The archers launch another pair of arrows, but Junior created a shield over himself.

The arrows explode, leaving a small hole in the shield, that Junior shoots ice through at the incoming Speedy.

Speedy jumps, flipping over him as he grabs and strings another arrow. He fired the arrow at Junior hitting him in the jaw, finally knocking him out.