Alpha Male

Mount Justice; September 23rd, 06:34 EDT

The tension in the cave was so thick, you could cut it with a knife. 

It was so quiet. The only sounds were the whirring of machines as some of the Leaguers fixed the cave.

Green Arrow placeed a bowl of pretzels on the table, in front of the team, who were sitting round it, their faces gloomy.

"Thanks, but no thanks." Wally said harshly.

Green Arrow backs off instantly.

"Yeah, what we want are answers, about Red Tornado and his siblings." Robin said firmly.

"Exactly." Wally agreed.

Green Arrow picked up the pretzel ball and starts to walk away when Wally suddenly grabs the bowl back from him.

"Leave the bowl." he murmurs quietly, taking a handful of pretzels into his hand and eating them.

Conner turns his attention to Batman, Raven and Aqualad, who were on the other side of the room.

They were talking in hushed voices, but Conner heard all of it, with his superhearing abilities.

"It was during the Taipei mission with Red Arrow, Sportsmaster revealed the possibility of a Mole within the Team." Aqualad said to Batman.

"In light of last night's attack, Red Tornado would appear to be the traitor." Raven said.

"But whether he betrayed us willingly or was pre-programmed is still…."

"You knew?!"

Before anyone in the room blinked twice, Conner had launched at Kaldur, raising him up by his shirt.

"That android and his maniac family nearly killed M'gann!"

M'gann flies over, confused. "Conner, what are you doing?"

"Kaldur and Raven knew we had a traitor among us and said nothing!" Conner answered, his eyes filled with rage.

"You knew?" Robin asked, his eyes on Raven, showing hurt and betrayal, making the heroine's heart skip.

"And didn't tell us?" Kid also added.

"We sought to protect the Team from……" Kaldur only looks to Conner as he speaks.

"Sought to protect us from what? Knowledge that might've saved our lives? And why does Raven know? Is she like your second-in-command now?" Artemis asked angrily.

"You almost died." Conner said to M'gann who remained silent, her eyes showing hurt.

"Enough." Batman firmly stated, making the team calm down, Conner letting go of Aqualad.

"With Red Tornado… missing the Team will now be overseen by rotation supervisors. Captain Marvel has volunteered to take the first shift."

The tall hero let out a small smile.

"I'm really looking forward to hanging with you guys." He said, making Raven raise a brow at the aura radiating from him.

Conner turned to Aqualad, glaring at him.

"After I dismantle Red Tornado, you and I are gonna…"

Raven stepped between them, tired of Conner's rage, her eyes holding a warning.

"Red Tornado is a member of the Justice League. That makes him a League responsibility. You will leave him to us." Batman said, interrupting the clone's line of thought.

The Dark Knight pulled up the HoloScreen, showing a newspaper article.

"I have another assignment for this Team."