Downtime

~Yeah! I am so excited for this chapter. I hope you guys like it.

GOTHAM CITY; AUGUST 27TH, 6:17 EDT

The sounds of a fight are able to be heard outside an abandoned building. 

Kaldur is hit hard, his Water Bearers falling out of his hands as he continues to roll until he hits a garage door hard enough to dent it, as splatters of clay were seen on his face, his tattoos stopped glowing. 

Clayface walks past the rest of the Team who are all unconscious and covered in clay, like Aqualad.

Aqualad looks up to see the villain walking closer to him, laughing maniacally.

He raised his hand, turning it to a square mace, about to bring it down on the Atlantean.

But just then, a familiar black shadow was seen coming down on the glass ceiling.

The Dark Knight crashes through the ceiling, throwing two batrangs at the villain. 

The batrangs were absorbed into the villain’s hand, exploding, destroying it's arms. 

Batman landed in a crouch, the villain moved to strike again, but Batman dodged the attack. 

The Dark Knight pulled out a Taser, attaching it to the villain's chest, that sent bolts of electricity continuously into the villain, turning him back into his molten form.

Batman stands and turns to the team, his eyes narrowing on the last conscious person.

Mount Justice; August 27th, 7:58 EDT

The team walk through the Zeta tube into the mountain, all beat up, tired and disappointed.

Batman stood in front of them. 

“I need to talk to Aqualad. The rest of you hit the showers and head home.”

“Head home? I am home.” Superboy said annoyed, gesturing to the cave.

Robin stopped as Aqualad stood in front of Batman.

“Just Aqualad.” The Dark Knight echoed firmly. 

Robin glanced at Aqualad, before walking past the two, his eyes trained on the both of them, before fully walking deeper into the cave.

The House of Mysteries; August 27th, 20:04 EDT

Raven sat crisscrossed, levitating in her room, as she meditated, chanting her mantra over and over again.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion……"

"Oof!"

The heroine opened an eye, as she heard the sound.

She listened for a while, but then went back to meditating when she didn't hear the sound again.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath…."

"Ouch!"

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion……"

"Ah!!!!!"

Raven opened her eyes, red in the face.

"What?!!!! I am trying to meditate." Raven yelled as she burst open the door to the massive library in the mansion.