Inside Job II

HOUSE OF MYSTERIES; 17:05 EST

"Stay together. Try not to get separated." Raven said as she backed into the boys, and they all stood back to back.

"What's going on?" Conner asked.

"You two bozos didn't just wander innocently like a duo of little red riding hoods into the house, you made it amused." Raven answered.

"Amused?"

"The house has feelings you know. Warning, many things you see will be real. But you won't get hurt……hopefully."

"Come on Raven, this is probably just some sort of simulation test Batman told Constantine to organize for us. And I'm sure you know all about it. Right?" Wally said, making Raven glare at him.

Suddenly, the house rumbled, and the floor they were standing on turned into a slide. The teens let out a yell as they slid downwards.

"Stay together! Hold hands!" Raven exclaimed.

Conner nodded, being in the middle, then stretched to hold Wally's hand, and turned to hold Raven's hand, and they kept falling, hand in hand.

A hatch opened underneath them, and then teens fell through, landing on the ground.

The teens let out simultaneous groans, as a light suddenly turned on. Looking up, the teens found out that they were standing before a flight of stairs, a very very long flight of stairs.

"I wonder what's up there." Conner said, looking up, trying to see the end of the stairs.

"Probably nothing. The House just wants to mess with us." Raven said, practically seething.

"Don't worry Pretty Bird, I'm sure it's one of those places you haven't explored yet. It's a big house you know." Wally said, giving the teen girl a wink. "I'll just run up there real quick and check it out."

Wally placed one foot on the first staircase, as he began to run upstairs. Once he got to the fourth staircase however, he notices he was running at a normal pace.

"Hey, what's going on? Why aren't my powers working?" He asked confused.

Conner took a leap, trying to jump as high as he could, but he barely made it five feet off the ground.

"He's right. My powers aren't working either." Conner said to Raven.

"It's the House." Raven said as she clenched her fist, her magic not working. "It's dampening our powers. Guess we're going to have to do this the old fashion way."

"Oh men, I hate stairs." Wally whined.

"Come on Baywatch." Raven said, as she walked up the stairs, walking past the speedster, Conner on her tail.

They walked up a few stairs and then suddenly the staircases started rattling.

"What's happening?" Conner asked.

The staircases started changing their directions making the trio separate from each other.

"Ugh! This is so frustrating!" Raven groaned, as she got separated from the boys. Then she started climbing down the stairs.

"Hey Pretty Bird! Can you hear me?!!" Wally's voice called out.

"Yeah I can, where's Conner?" Raven asked.

"Over here! Somewhere!" Conner replied. "I can't see any of you."

"Let's all keep talking, and try to follow the sound of each other's voice." Wally suggested.

"You mean follow the sound of your voice." Raven said instead.

The teens started doing just down, walking up and down the stairs, trying to find each other.