Birthday Girl Down

The House Of Mysteries; September 19th; 06:15 EST

Raven sat crisscrossed on her bed, her eyes closed as she meditated.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion Zinthos."

Raven stood at the center of a demolished building. She was wearing her superhero suit, with a red marking on her forehead.

She took a deep breath as she spread her arms out.

"The gem was born of evil's fire. The gem shall be his portal." Her eyes started glowing blazing white.

"He comes to claim. He comes to sire. The end of all things mortal"

At her last statement, the red markings spreads down her body, covering every single part.

Raven breaks her pose and lets off a pained yell as all the markings flew off her skin forming three spinning circles, above her head, around her waist, below her feet.

Raven gasps painfully as her hood flips down, and her eyes snap open.

Raven panted heavily as she fell from her bed.

She sighed in relief, but then gasped as she glanced down at her arms.

The same markings as from the vision where spread all over her arms.

Raven panicked, rubbing her arms furiously, trying to get rid of the markings. But then she stopped, and took a deep breath, closing her eyes and calming herself down.

Raven opened her eyes again, to see that the markings have disappeared.

She sighed, and then shook her head, getting up and bolting out of the room.

Raven walked through the main door to the sitting room, and came face to face with John.

"Good morning." He greeted, giving her a solemn look.

"Morning." She replied curtly, then walked past him.

"Raven, let's talk about this." John said as Raven got to the door

"Please. I….I don't want to. Just let it be." Raven pleaded.

"Like I always tell you whenever this time of the year comes along, running away from your problems won't fix them."

"I'm not…..running away. I just…..need air."

"Raven……"

"I'll see you later John." Raven walked out the door, slamming it shut behind her.

John sighed, shaking his head. "Happy birthday Raven."

Mount Justice; September 19th; 09:53 EST

Recognize:

Raven; B-0-4

Raven walked into the cave, pulling down her hood, noticing the unusual silence of the place.

"Hello?" She called out, as she walked towards the lounge.

"Is anyone here?"

She stopped in front of the couch.

"Uh, guess I'm the first one….."

"Surprise!!!!!" 

Raven let out a yelp, falling to the ground as her teammates jumped out from their hiding spots.

"Happy Birthday!" M'gann said excitedly, holding a birthday cake.

Raven looked round the room, to see Conner and Kaldur holding a giant banner that said: "Happy Birthday Raven🐦"