School Day

Pic by Crystal Gem

The House Of Mysteries; September 22nd, 6:00 EDT

Raven slept peacefully on her bed, her chest rising and falling evenly to her breathing.

But then suddenly, a horn goes off in her ear, making her jump.

"Ah!" Raven exclaimed, falling off the bed and then groaning.

"Good morning love. Rise and shine, time to get up." John's voice called out.

Raven groaned again and dragged herself to sit on her bed.

"John it's….…" She paused to look at the clock beside her bed. "6:06 in the morning. Why did you wake me up so early?"

"Have you forgotten? It's your first day of school."

Raven's eyes widened, then she groaned, falling back on her bed.

Gotham Academy; September 22nd, 7:55 EDT

Richard Dick Grayson walked through the hallways of the school, with Barbara Gordon by his side.

He looked up to see a familiar blonde, and he smiled, rushing towards her.

"We'll laugh about this someday." He said to her, before taking a selfie with her, and running off.

Barbara tilted her head confused, as Dick walked back to her.

"Dick, what was that about?” She asked, a hint of jealousy in her voice.

He chuckles slightly as he caught her tone. 

“Nothing Barbara, just being friendly to the new girl.” He replied

Barbara walked away, but Dick paused looking around the school courtyard, as if waiting for someone.

He sighed, his eyes sad as he turned and walked away.

"I guess she didn't come."

Gotham Academy; September 22nd, 8:05 EDT

A portal opened just beside the Academy, Constantine and Raven stepping out.

"I'm already late. Don't you think I should just skip today?" Raven asked, already bored.

"What? No! We're already here, and there's no going back." John said firmly.

"I guess not." She muttered annoyed, then glanced down at her skirt, scrunching up her nose in disgust.

"Couldn't they have made this skirts any longer?" She asked, trying to pull her skirt down.

"Stop that." John scolded. "I think it looks cute on you." Raven glared up at him, but John looked unfazed.

Raven was wearing the school uniform which consisted of a white long sleeve shirt, tucked in a short gray skirt, a red tie, with a black blazer/sweater vest on top.

Her Gem was no longer on her forehead, but on her neck, hanging from the chain which Robin had given her for her birthday.

"Now come on, get going so you won't be late for first period."

"I'm already late anyway." Raven walked out of the small alley, but then turned back to John.

"I won't fit in." It sounded more like a question than a statement.

"You will." John assured, walking forward and placing a hand on her shoulder. "Just….don't push people away. Try to make friends here, and have some fun."