Inside Job I

HOUSE OF MYSTERIES; OCTOBER 13TH, 15:39 EST

"Azarath Mentrion Zinthos. Azarath Mentrion Zinthos. Azarath Mentrion Zinthos. Azarath Mentrion……"

There was a long pause, before……

"Ugh!!!!!!!"

A loud crash was heard, and Raven walked out of one of the rooms, a huge frown on her face.

"I don't understand why I can't focus on anything!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

The House Of Mysteries, having a mind of its own, made a small groaning sound that Raven seemed to understand.

"No…I'm not thinking of…him…or them." She stubbornly said, making the house make a small rumbling sound.

"I am not! Cause I don't have time for silly emotions, and teenage hormones." She said, crossing her arms.

"Emotions make one weak, and I am not weak. Most of all they are irrelevant, aggravating, distracting……and all the negative ings. I don't feel any emotions towards both of them, they can do whatever they want with each other, I don't care." Raven said firmly, pouting a little.

The house made another noise of disbelief, seeming to scoff at her.

"You think I care?!" 

The house made another sound.

"I most certainly do not! And I most certainly wasn't thinking of them. I can meditate just fine and I'll show you."

Raven opened the door to her room, slamming it shut behind her. Walking over to her dresser, she picked up the hand mirror that was lying on the top. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath, and levitated into the air, legs crossed indian style, as she started chanting her mantra again.

"Azarath Mentrion Zinthos……"

GOTHAM: OCTOBER 13TH, 16:07 EST

"Face it. We're lost." Conner said to Wally as the both of them walked along a lonely path.

"It's the House Of Mysteries. No one knows exactly where it is. So we are not lost." Wally argued back.

"Oh so your plan is to walk down every single street in Gotham until we find a huge creepy house?" Conner asked, already annoyed.

"Of course not Kryto boy." Wally replied, rolling his eyes. "This was the area it was last spoted."

"By the surveillance system?"

"No, by eye witnesses. The House Of Mysteries cannot be spotted by any surveillance system. Or so they say."

"It's a house of great magical energy right? Could be because of that."

"Oh please." Wally said, rolling his eyes. "Constantine is probably using some high tech cloaking device…"

"Don't tell me you don't still believe in magic even after everything that happened with Dr Fate."

"Hey, I believe what I want to believe."

The boys walked forward for a little while, before Conner suddenly came to a stop.

"Okay that's it. I'm not doing this anymore, let's just turn around and go home."

"Ah come on Supes. We're doing this for Raven remember?" Wally said walking over to Conner and placing his hand on his shoulder. "You do want to be a good friend don't you?"