Fireworks

Time runs short! You must awaken! You must awaken NOW!”

The teens awaken, finding out that they were trapped inside the same pods, as Superboy was.

Speaking of Superboy, the clone was standing directly in front of them, glaring.

“What? What do you want?” Kid Flash asked the clone in annoyance.

“Quit staring. You're creeping me out.”

“Uh, KF, how about we not tick off the guy who can fry us with a look?” Robin suggests to the seriously freaked out speedster.

Desmond and the scientist that was in Project Kr walk down the organic-looking hall.

“Prepare the cloning procedure for the new Project Sidekick, now.” Desmond instructs.

She leaves instantly and Desmond continues to walk coming to a stop beside Guardian, who stood in front of Superboy’s pod room.

“Almost done here Doc.” Guardian said as a G-troll held the door steady, and a construction worker fixed it.

Desmond nods, but then glanced inside the room, seeing the empty pod.

“Where’s the weapon?” He asked angrily.

“Superboy? He carried the intruders to the cloning chamber.” Guardian informed.

“We have Genomorphs for that!” Desmond yelled.

“Get the weapon back in its pod now!”

“I don't see the harm in letting the kid stretch his legs.” Guardian said, shrugging.

“Don’t you now?” Desmond asks, raising a single eyebrow signaling the G-gnome on Guardian’s shoulder, it’s horns begin to glow.

Guardians eyes go wide, but blank before they harden into an angry glare.

“That clone belongs in a cage!” he growled before storming off.

“We only sought to help you.” Aqualad said calmly to Superboy.

“Yeah. We free you, and you turn on us. How's that for grat….”

“Can you just be quiet?” Raven said firmly, annoyed at him.

“I believe our friend was not in full control of his actions.” Aqualad added.

Robin sneakily pulled out a lock pick from his gloves, and began to work on his restraints.

“Wha……what if I………What if I wasn’t?” Superboy asked, his voice shaking.

“He can talk?” Kid Flash asked shocked.

Superboy’s hand clenches into a fist as he glared at the speedster. “Yes, HE can.”

Raven and Aqualad gave Kid Flash looks.

“Not like I said, it.”

“The Genomorph taught you telepathically.” Raven realizes.

“They taught me much. I can read, write. I- I know the names of things.” Superboy admits.

“But have you seen them? Have they actually let you see the sky? Or the Sun?” Robin asked.

“Images are implanted in my mind.” But then he looked down. “But no. I have not seen them.”

“Do you know what you are, who you are?” Aqualad asked.

“I am the Superboy, a Genomorph, a clone made from the DNA of the Superman, created to replace him should he perish… to destroy him should he turn from the Light.”