HomeFront

Mount Justice; September 22nd, 18:43 Edt

Raven, Aqualad and Red Tornado stood in the training centre of the Cave.

“So, you two have told no one else of this Mole?” Red Tornado asks Aqualad and Raven.

“I cannot be sure one exists. And if it does, if the Team is being betrayed from within, Raven and I must investigate without… tipping our hand.” 

“But maybe we should tell Batman?” Raven asked, looking at Aqualad, then at Red Tornado.

“Generally, the Batman expects the Team to handle its own problems, but the decision is Aqualad's.” 

Raven nods at that. 

“I will return after Monitor Duty on the Watchtower.” Tornado informed.

“I thought you were exempt from monitor duty since becoming our… den mother.” Kaldur said confused, as Red Tornado stepped over to the Zeta Tube.

Recognize:

Red Tornado; 1-6

Red Tornado turns back to the teens.

"I agreed to cover for Green Arrow. He has an interpersonal event with Black Canary. A hot date.”

Red Tornado teleports away, as Kaldur and Raven glance at each other still contemplating their situation.

Aqualad and Raven walk down to the garage, seeing Wally fixing up Sphere, M'gann and Conner watching.

“I have been meaning to ask, any problem juggling school-work with your responsibilities here?” Kaldur asked curiously.

“No.” Conner replied.

“Juggling is just one of my many talents.” Wally said bragging. “Socket Wrench.”

M’gann hand it to Wally with her telekinesis.

“Daily cheerleading practice has presented a challenge.” She said, and then turned to Kaldur. “Oh, but my first loyalty is always to the Team. This Team, not the Bumblebees.”

Kaldur nodded as Wally spoke up.

"Didn't you start school today pretty bird? How was it?" He asked Raven.

"It was……I don't know….normal? I guess." Raven said with a shrug.

"Make any new friends?" 

"No." Raven said firmly.

"What? You didn't?" M'gann asked, and Raven shook her head. "Well I'm sure there are cute boys in your school, anyone catch your eye?"

"I'm only going to that school to study. Not to make friends, and be involved in stupid high school drama."

"That shouldn't be your attitude to school Raven. School's not just a place to learn, it's also a place to interact and form friendships that could last a lifetime." Kaldur said.

"Yeah Pretty bird. You shouldn't only pass through the school, but also let the school pass through you. Loosen up and try to have some fun." Wally said, nudging her.

Raven rolled her eyes then spoke through gritted teeth. "Fine. I'll try."

“Artemis also started school today. Do you think she will have trouble maintaining her loyalties?” Kaldur asked.

“Nah, she’ll manage alright. I mean how much more hostile and annoying can she….”

An explosion suddenly occurred, cutting Wally off.