Chats And Whiskey

Delilah POV.

I stayed for as long as I could. It was getting late and I had decided to leave. "Bye Ma. I love you. I'll be back to visit." She hugged me as I tucked her into bed.

As I left, she waved me goodbye. Damon was sitting in a chair with his phone pressed to his ear. From the frown on his face, I could tell that it was important.

I quietly sat down and held my jacket close to me. He gets these phone calls a lot. Since he was in the Mafia, things tend to get heated between him and certain gangs.

I tried to get on my phone but the battery had died. I didn't even bother to find my charger in my purse.

I heard him sigh. "Well if there's that much of a problem then hire a private assassinator and finish him off." Damon said quietly. Nobody seemed to pay any attention.

He laced his one hand in mine and stood up. We walked out. The cool breeze sent chills up my arms. The night sky became more cloudy from earlier, but it had stopped raining for the moment as we got to the truck. I buckled and watched him talk on the phone.

After a few seconds, he hung up and opened the door. His expression had changed to a blank look. As if he was lost in space. The tension in the air was thick, making it hard to start any conversation.

We sat in silence for a while. The ride back to the house was short. Two guards were guarding the front door. Neither speaking.

As we pulled up into the driveway, I noticed a strange figure by the garage. In a flash, it was gone. Have I had too much wine? I don't feel buzzed. I glanced at Damon to see that he had not seen what I had.

The two men came to the doors and opened them for us. I took one of their hands as they helped me out of the truck.

"Thank you." I said. He nodded and immediately stepped away. I could feel Damon's eyes burning holes into his eyes. I laughed. We walked to the house. I took off my heels as we stepped inside. "Finally! My feet hurt." I said as I walked to the kitchen.

Even though we got gotten wine and all, I still chose to have a drink. I pulled two glasses out of the cabinet and opened the fridge.

Wine or whiskey...

I sat there for a second, trying to make up my mind. "Whiskey." A low voice called out. I jumped as Damon walked in. He had only a pair of basketball shorts on. Not bothering to hide anything.

I pulled the Whiskey out and sat it on the counter. I looked out the window above the sink. Trees surrounded the house. "I might be crazy but I'm 99% sure I saw a shadow by the side of the garage earlier." I said. Damon was already pouring him a glass.

"You sure?" He asked? I nodded. Out in the country like this... I wouldn't be surprised if there were hobos lurking around in the woods. It isn't anything I haven't seen before though. I turned back around as he was handing me a glass.

"I'm worried about Ma." I huffed and took a sip. "Nothing seems to be helping. No matter how much they do, it isn't doing anything. I feel like we're wasting money on medicine that isn't doing anything. I'm scared." I said and downed my drink. I could already sense a headache.

Damen set his glass down and stood in front of me. He placed his hands on my waist. "Look at me." He tilted my chin to look at him. "Everything's going to be okay. We'll do whatever we can to help her get better. Just let her heal on her own." I nodded.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and held onto him. We sat there and held onto each other until his phone began to ring. I pulled away and picked it up. Zi's name flashed the screen. I handed him the phone and poured me another glass.

He answered and leaned his body into mine. I sipped on my drink and rested my back against the counter. I felt a little dizzy. "No. Don't. Not tonight. We're busy. Just bring it by in the morning. I'll be in my office." He hung up and set his phone by the table.

"Now. Where were we?" He picked my glass from me and set it in the table. "Hey! I was drinking that!" I said and laughed.

His lips connected with mine. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck. We were leaning on the counter as his body leaned into mine.

I felt him reach behind me and grab something from behind me. He pulled away with the glass of Whiskey. "Movie?" He asked , twirling the glass. "Sure." I said and jumped from him and into the living room. I laid across the couch.

"Taken." I said. He just sat on my legs and picked up the remote. "Damon! Get off my legs before you cut the circulation off of them!" I giggled and twisted myself.

He scooted back and pulled my legs out from under him and pulled me to his chest. He turned on a movie and pulled a blanket from under the nightstand. We covered up and rested the glass between us.

This is everything I ever wanted. A man who treats me right. A man who chose to take his time to care for me. A man who will wait for me, even if I take forever.

And a man who will never break my heart...

----------------------------------

Hey peeps!! Sorry I haven't updated. School and Track have been a lot lately so I haven't been able to write much but here is the second chapter. I hope you all have a wonderful day!! ❤️