Together

Damen pov.

I watched as Delilah was jerked into the air. Her body hanging. I froze. "Pass my gun to me." She said. I looked around on the ground before finding it and picking it up.

Her name was carved into the side with hearts. It was a gun I got her for her birthday.

I tossed it up. Missed. I tossed it again and she caught it. We both heard footsteps. I could make out figures. I bolted into the woods and hid behind a couple of trees and peered out.

"Look at what the cat caught this time?" Rage filled me. I could no longer focus. All I saw was Alex and his men. I hated the fact that if I came out with a gun, I'd be gunned down myself.

A knife sliced the rope holding her and she came crashing to the ground. Jared grabbed her by the hair and pulled her to him.

My blood boiled. They touch her like this. To tease me. And it's working. "Oh Damen. Come out or she gets it." I gripped the gun before stepping out. Taking longer strides.

I held my hands up and stepped onto the trail. I clenched my jaw and kept a straight face.

Welp. There's no plan. I have nothing planned. Nothing I can do but give in. "Please..." I got on my knees. "Just let her go."

"Good boy." Alex cooed. It got on my nerves to know that I can't do anything. We can't do anything. If I tried something, they'd shoot Delilah and she knows it. We've trained. For months but we never trained for something like this.

I blinked rapidly and tried to keep the tears from forming in my eyes. They could torture me, cut off my limbs and slowly kill me. As long as Delilah lives. She deserves so much more than me.

I even said that she needs someone better than me. But she still stuck around.

"Damen. I haven't seen you like this. Our key to get answers lies in our hands now." John said. I could see Jared's hand around her neck, keeping her pinned to him. Jealousy swam around me but I kept an emotionless face.

I got on my knees and begged. Begged for her life. For the sake of my own. I couldn't live knowing that I made the wrong move and messed everything up.

"Let me go!" Delilah slammed her foot into Jared's foot and ran. I followed her movement as she ran into the woods. I jumped up and swung my door out and took Alex down.

I backed up and punched John in the face. While they were distracted, I ran to the only place I know that she would go.

The tree house we made. I passed each carved spade in the tree's bark. I ran fast but not my sprint. It would only slow me down when I got tired.

Delilah made it right when I did and stood by me.

"You didn't have to make this so hard." Alex said before throwing a knife at her. It just missed her ear.

We both squared up and got into defense mode. Alex came at me and John came at her.

I took a punch to the face before punching his stomach. A groan came from him as I kicked his groin. I crushed his face with my foot before grabbing his neck and squeezing as hard as I could. His face turned purple.

"Suffer in hell." I spat as his eyes closed and he blew his last gasp for air. I dropped his body and grabbed john by his long hair and ripped him from his position. I kicked his face and kept kicking his head until the whole thing came in.

Blood spurted into me as I wiped my foot on his shirt.

Delilah dropped to the ground. I noticed a long slash on her arm and cute around her wrists. I cupped her face in my blood covered hands.

"Are you alright?" I asked. She nodded and took deep breaths. I pulled her up. Thank God we survived this. But it only forced me to think that we aren't safe here.

I curled her into my chest. Her shallow breath made me worry. Only a mile from here and we are home safe. I began to walk into the foggy distance, not knowing what I was even stepping into.

I stepping over sticks and logs as I walked. I tried to keep no emotion showing but my body was filled with pure rage. It was the only thing I was feeling.

Rage. About the fact that Delilah got hurt. Rage for the fact that we aren't safe. For the fact that we have to live like this. A Mafia man cannot work in an environment like this, and keep his family safe.

Sure bodyguards were assigned to us both. But it seemed to slip today. I knew something felt wrong the second I woke up. But I didn't think of anything about it until we came across the picture snapping.

It filled me with rage. But I have to push it away to keep strong.

Like a warrior. Warriors stay strong in situations that they cannot handle. They think about every detail in everything.

That's exactly what I'm working toward. And it is working. We need for training. For us both to grow stronger and become better. We need to prepare for these types of situations

I walked further into the woods. The moonlight was the only thing guiding me through the darkness.

I will never let something like this happen. To Delilah. To me. To our family.

---

Sorry about the late update. I rushed this so if there is any type of spelling mistakes, for give me please. I will try to update sooner.

Sorry about this. Love for you all ❤️🤗 💞