Everything Is Okay

Delilah pov.

I tried to remember Damon's words. It's going to get better from here. Everything's going to be okay. I just have to remember.

It's all gonna be okay. That's why I am at the store with Richie. He had small bandages around his knuckles. I looked at a couple of dresses. None of them really stood out to me.

There was so many racks of dresses. I had to find one today. "What if I don't find one?" I asked. Richie took a small sip of his slushy. His tongue was blue. "Then we can go over to another store if you like Mrs Delilah."

"Please. Call me Delilah. It's the least I can do." I said and pulled out a dress. Pink. No.

I put it back and looked for another. I went to the next rack before something caught my eye. I looked over to see a beautiful dress standing out.

"Oh my goodness..." Richie said when he saw it.

(From pinterest)

(From pinterest)

"This is so beautiful." I said. It was a beautiful black dress. "Excuse me!" I said to catch the staff's attention.

"Can I please try this on." I asked. My heart pounding in my chest.

"Sure thing. Let's get you a dressing room." She walked to a large room. The door was unlocked and she opened it. I stepped in and closed the door. I peeled my hoodie and shorts off and slowly slipped into the dress. It looked amazing. I looked at myself in the mirror as I zipped up the zipper. I opened the door

Richie gasped once I stepped out. The dress flowed behind me.

"Woah! That looks so good on you." The staff said as I spun.

"We'll take it." I said and stepped. Back into the dressing room.

Once I changed, I took the dress with me. We got up to the cashier. She stepped behind it and scanned it.

"$2K but $1K for you." She said. I pulled out my wallet but Richie stopped me.

"I'll pay." He said and handed her cash. "Richie. I'll get it." I said. "No, no. I already paid." He said and grabbed the dress. The staff handed us a box and folded the dress and handed it to me. "Have a wonderful day." She said and waved.

I waved and exited the store. We got into the awaiting car and let the driver pull off.

"He's going to love that dress on you. I can't wait to see his reaction." Richie said and wiggled his eyebrows. I slapped his arm.

"Oh my Lord Richie stop." I said and laughed. He laughed as the car drove back home. I watched as the trees passed by. We listened to music as everything passed by.

The house had appeared with another car in the driveway. I could already tell who it was. We pulled up and turned the car off.

Damon was sitting outside. He had a scowl on his face. I got out and walked up to him. "Hey. I got my dress." I said and kissed his lips. "Can I see?" He asked and grabbed my waist. "Nope." I giggled and ran inside.

Immediately I bumped into a chest. I looked to see it was Dad.

"Hey pumpkin." He said and kissed my forehead. "Hey dad..." I said and looked at mom. She had a bottle in her hand.

"Another beer huh?" I asked. She got up and walked to me. "What'd you say?" I could hear the venom in her voice. "Another beer huh?" I repeated.

I held the box close to me like it was my only protection. "Don't act like that to me. We are guests. Treat us like one." Mom spat.

I went to say something back but Damon stepped in front of me. "That's enough Mrs Kelly." He said. I could hear irritation.

"Okay then Hernandez." She said and sat back down. I walked to the bedroom and closed the door. I slipped the box under the bed and sat down. Great. Another thing to add to my list.

Attitude from mother. Check

Funeral to plan. Not checked.

Wedding planned. Not checked.

I could list on and on. Yet I froze after that. I still have a funeral to plan and mom probably hasn't even gotten the news. A tear slid down my face and onto my lap.

The door opened. I wiped my face quickly and turned around. Damon was standing in the door way. "Is everything alright?" He asked. I nodded. I got up and walked to him. I wrapped my arms around his chest and buried my face in his shirt.

Damon rubbed my back as I stood there. "As much as I'd like to lay down with you in my arms, we have company." He said and pulled back. I nodded and walked into the living room where my parents sat. My dad was sitting with his arms crossed and my mom slightly slouching on the couch.

We sat on the love seat. I leaned into Damon's arms. He wrapped one around my waist and rested it on my thigh.

"So. What brings you two to our home?" I asked. My mom and dad looked at each other before looking at me.

"Well I figured that we would visit. I mean, it looks like you're a hot mess and I can't stand to see that Damon can actually deal with you. Especially with all of this crying and drama. I wish he could've found someone a little less... Like you..." She said and took a swig of her beer. I blinked at her and froze.

Damon tensed beside me. "I kno-" I cut Damon off before speaking. "Thanks mom but before you start talking about us, I advise you get rid of that drinking problem of yours before saying anything else." I said. She spit out her beer before getting up.

I watched as she walked over to me and grabbed my wrist. She yanked me up and got into my face. "Don't ever speak to your mother like that. I will not deal with your attitude anymore." She spat and let go. I pulled myself from her grasp and held my red wrist to my chest.

Damon got in front of me before grabbing her elbow. "Don't talk to my wife that way ever again." He said and let go. I heard a shrill scream. "Please help me!" I heard someone yell. It was Shannon.

"Who was that?" My mom asked. "That maid who tried to shoot your daughter." Damon said.

Mom looked at me. "I don't believe it." She said and went for the basement. Dad grabbed her arm, keeping her from opening the door. "Don't. It isn't our business and your drunk. As Mafia King's, we have our business keep out of theirs." My dad said and pulled her out of the opened door.