What Do You Mean?!

Damon pov.

We pulled up into what seemed like a hospital. It was a three story building that seemed well taken care of.

As I put the car in park, I glanced over to Delilah to make sure she was okay.

"Are you okay babe?" I asked and placed my hand over hers.

"Yeah," Delilah said and opened the door. Her hand leaving mine. I furrowed my eyebrows together and stared at her small body.

I got out and slammed the door. The doctor came to me. "We are going to get her in a room and check out what had happened." He said.

I managed to nod. Do I even want to know what's happened? Will our baby be okay? I asked myself and wandered to Delilah.

I grabbed her hand and walked to the building. The glass doors opened and we walked through. Immediately, I overcame a smell of lavender. The cool wind blew over us.

This isn't what I suspected. There was people walking around in scrubs. Some patients were chatting with the nurses.

We continued down a hallway. Once we went down a few ways and came to a door.

It opened and we were rushed in. I looked around for a moment. There was a bed and a heart monitor connected to an IV.

I carefully helped Delilah onto the bed. She winced and grabbed a piece of her hair and twirled it.

I sat next to her. We waited for a few minutes in silence.

"What has happened to our lives..." I whispered to myself and waited.

It was about five minutes before a different doctor came in.

"Hi, my name is Jackie and I'll be your doctor." Jackie said and pulled out a thermometer.

I kept my eyes on her as she carefully slipped it into Delilah's mouth. She held it in her hand.

It seems nice here. For once, I haven't felt depression and sadness here.

More like hope. I stood up and walked around the room.

When I heard the beeping, my head whipped around.

"Hmm... It's 103.8 but I can give Mrs. Delilah some Tylenol and check a few other things." Jackie said and walked out.

I nervously laughed. "I haven't ever been this nervous before." I said and sat back down.

We went back to waiting before she came back with some pills and a small paper cup with some water. She gave it to Delilah and pulled out a clipboard.

"Describe the symptoms you've been having." She said and pulled out a pen.

"I've been throwing up, having cramps and fever. And I think I've been seeing things..." Delilah said and ran her hand through her hair.

"Well let me go and put this in the computer." Jackie said and left again.

I went and sat back down beside Delilah and grabbed her hand.