Chapter 23

Taehyung:

I sat at the evening meal, thinking of everything I had heard that day. Apparently there had been an altercation in the stables and Y/N had been there when it happened. Listening to the stable hands retell the story, you would think that Y/N was an angel descended from heaven. She had handled the situation with grace, understanding the need for Felix to know he was wrong, but at the same time give him credit for his ability to ride Red Devil.

Kai could talk about nothing else after she left, everything from the way she calmed them down to the way she took care of him. To Kai, it was a way to brag. The beautiful, caring princess took care of him, instead of sending him to see the doctor on staff.

I looked over to the princess and noticed the sweet smile on her face as she spoke to Emira. My brother was doing his best to catch her eye, but Y/N was clearly not interested in communicating with him. Mina was seated to Soobin's right, an angry glare on her face and I could only imagine what happened.

Jungkook and Jimin were seated at the other side of the table and I could see the look of adoration on Jungkook's face as he looked at Y/N. How could she not see how deeply in love he was with her? The look couldn't have been plainer if it was stamped across his forehead in flashing neon, announcing to the world that he was in love with her.

Emira looked up catching my gaze and I winked at her, grinning when she rolled her eyes. We had speaking the last couple of days about my plan for the sabotage of Soobin's coronation. Although I disliked betraying my brother in the way I would be because he was still family, I knew it was the right thing to do deep down. Y/N was too kind, too caring, too sweet to be caught in a loveless marriage especially with a man with a mistress as obvious as Mina. On more then one occasion, I had seen Soobin entering her chambers or the other way around. Y/N did not deserve that.

Y/N looked up but her and I grinned at her, but her gaze was not directed at me, but at Jungkook. I could see the way her eyes softened when she looked at him, so full of love that it made me a little envious of it all.

At Y/N's musical laugh, I looked over at her, smiling at the bright grin on her face at something Emira had said to her, something to make her laugh like that. I saw Jungkook's involuntary smile at the happy look on her face and wanted to reassure the man that everything was going to be alright.

My brother put his hand on her wrist and Y/N turned her attention to him and I shivered at the frosty look in her eyes. It was so different from the warmth that filled her gaze, like being snuggled in front of a roaring fire on a frigid snowy evening to being tossed bare assed into that same snow.

Soobin pulled his hand away quickly at the look in her eyes. "Would... would you like to go riding with me tomorrow?" he asked. "I have the morning free right after breakfast."

The look in Soobin's eyes as he stared at his wife confused me. It was the same look I saw coming from Jungkook but I didn't understand it. Did something happen with Mina? Why was my brother all of a sudden interested in spending time with Y/N?

Y/N hesitated and I could see she wanted to reject him, but she nodded her head, agreeing gracefully. "That would be lovely."

I saw Jungkook's shoulders sag at her words but a subtle shake of her head from Emira had him sitting straight up in his seat again, nodding at her. I could see from the look on Jungkook's face that he was worried that something was going to develop between Soobin and Y/N. I wanted to reassure him that nothing would happen, but I didn't know if he would believe me or not. He really only had to look at Y/N to see the truth, see the love shining in her eyes when she saw him. For him and only him.