Chapter 34

Soobin:

After the end of the morning meal, I watched my wife leave the room, Yoongi and Emira trailing after her.  I turned to Jungkook.  "Is everything in place for this afternoon?  My wife's security?"

Jungkook nodded.  "Yes your highness.  Jackson, Eric, and Mark will be guarding the princess this afternoon during the ceremony and the coronation." 

Looking surprised at his words, I raised an eyebrow.  "Jackson?  I thought he was not supposed to begin until tomorrow."  Although I wasn't sure how I felt about a new guard protecting my wife during the biggest event of our lives, I knew I should place my trust in Jungkook.  In all this time, he had never let me down.

"Yes your highness.  We wanted to give him a chance to prove himself before he was officially assigned.  Chase and MinJae will begin tomorrow."  Jungkook took a final sip of his coffee before standing up.  "But if you'll excuse us, your highness, we need to make some final arrangements and make sure everything is in place."

I waved a hand at Jungkook and Jimin, dismissing the both of them.  Once they exited the room, I turned to Taehyung, who was eyeing me strangely.  "What?"

Taehyung shrugged but I could see he had something on his mind.  He sighed and turned his attention to me.  "What is your plan after the coronation?"

Looking down at my coffee cup, I ran my finger along the rim.  "I'm going to do everything I can to make things up to my wife.  Prove to her that I love her, that I want her, that she's... she's the one."  I looked up at my brother with pleading eyes.  "Please trust me on this Tae.  I'm going to make it right.  I know I fucked up and fucked up bad, but I have to at least try to make things right with her."

I could see from the look on his face that he didn't believe me and I didn't want to admit that it fucking hurt.  To know my own brother didn't trust me felt like a betrayal of the worst kind.  "Look Soobin.  YN's... she's a good woman.  She's not like the whores that you're used to.  She has values and morals.  Hell, I wish I were the one who had been arranged to marry her.  You just happened to be the older brother."

I felt a stab of jealousy at my brother's words, but knew he would have treated her right from the beginning.  That he would have adored her and took care of her, treating her like the princess that she is. She would have turned awww those beautiful eyes to him, giving him that sweet smile that I never saw, that pretty laugh that filled the room, that attractive flush that covered her cheeks when Yoongi whispered in her ear.  I knew I had made a huge mistake by continuing the affair with Mina, but I truly believed she loved me, truly believed she was the one for me.  I knew I never could have married her, but I didn't think she would so quickly fall into bed with one of my stable hands.

Maybe this was karma's way of biting me in the ass.  I had the chance to make a real marriage with a beautiful woman.  One who was clearly adored by not only the people in the kingdom, but every other person and animal that crossed her path.  We could have made a real go of this, becoming the couple to be reckoned with, having a life of love and laughter.  However, I chose Mina, a woman who had no concept of the word loyalty, who had no idea what it meant to really love someone, who had no respect for what we had.  The memories of the other woman caused the bile to rise up in my throat and I felt like I was going to be sick.  It made my stomach hurt to think of all the pain I had caused my wife, especially with the new knowledge that she had seen me have sex with Mina in the gardens.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.  "I may have fucked things up beyond repair.  Before she left, Mina was happy to tell me that YN had seen us in the garden, during one of trysts."

Taehyung's mouth dropped open in horror and a look of disgust filled his eyes.  "What the fuck were you thinking?"  His words surprised me since my brother was usually so polite and mild-mannered.  "What is wrong with you?"